Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

ATTENTION: READ BEFORE POSTING!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Default ATTENTION: READ BEFORE POSTING!

This section is intended for the discussion of racing, both legal and illegal racing. MustangForums.com does not condone illegal racing and is in no way responsible for the actions of its members.

If you are going to post about a race of any kind, without any solid evidence of said race, or your vehicles abilities, you should be prepared to face speculation from other members. Keep in mind that while some people make up stories about racing, some people will also make up facts about their knowledge. Before accepting knowledge or information of any kind, take into careful consideration the source of that knowledge or information. If you are not prepared to post in this section and face speculation from members, should you be unable to produce proof, or should you not be able to handle ridicule from other members, this section is likely not for you. At the same time, should we find that some people are only here to ridicule other members for their racing stories, whether proof is provided or not, you will be removed from the forum. If someone asks a question about their vehicle or their vehicle's racing ability, or a possible outcome, that person should be prepared to read things that he, or she, may not like. Also, if someone posts a question similar to those mentioned above, and a member decides to chime in about their car, which may be a totally unrelated subject, and in no way does that information add to the conversation at hand, posts will be removed. "Paper racers" should be prepared to be called out, and if you are going to post in this section, claiming to be some sort of authority on the subject, it is best if you have some grounds on which to base your 'expertise'.

Thank You.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

just a reminder

To all members:

Some of you know me and know I am a fair and open-minded person. Since I started as a Mod in this section I’ve been paying more attention to the posting that goes on in nearly all the threads and have come to two conclusions. First, there are way to many direct personal attacks on each other and second there needs to be respect for the fact that this is a board created and maintained for the Mustang enthusiast.

To the first point, debate and discussion is welcome, personal attacks will not be tolerated when I see them. I’m not suggesting you cannot call BS on a post that you believe is incredible. However I ask that you do it in a manner that is respectful. We are all adults here and I would like to hope we could all act that way. I know that the keyboard can sometimes get away from us and we post things that might be interpreted by others in ways we don’t intend. Please think before you post.

Second, while non-Mustang owners are welcome here and many bring valuable insight to our section, I need to emphasize that this is a MUSTANG board. Please be mindful of that when you’re posting. I in no way want to imply that anyone needs to be a Ford-fanboy, however respect the house your visiting. Your posting ability is a privilege and not a right.

I intend to be as fair as I can in the moderation I apply and apply it as little as possible. I am hopeful that this section will continue to flourish.

Please feel free to PM me any comments or concerns.