Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Beat an Audi A5 Today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 07:43 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Default Beat an Audi A5 Today...

So while driving down the autobahn today I noticed some flashing headlights in my rear view mirror. It was an Audi trying to get me to drive onto the rightside of the lane so that he could pass me by. I still kepted the course in which case he started to ride close to my rear. Then, he got onto the right lane, passed me up, got back into the left lane in front of me and slowed down. I looked at the rear to see what model it was and it was an A5.

This pissed me off so i got into the right lane to pass him up. When we were side by side, he gave some gas and started to speed up more, so I did the same. He was taking the lead, so I had to put the pedal to the floor, switch from 6 to 5th gear and started hauling. Passed him up and noticed I was going about 135 or 140. Couldnt really tell because this was the fastest I have pushed this Stang and I only took a glance at the speedometer while looking over at the Audi at the same time. After taking lead for a while, I guess he noticed I wasnt going to give up or slow down, so he slowed down. I then got back into the right lane and slowed down and let him pass.

Not sure it it was a V6 or V8 type. But telling by the speed he was going and somewhat keeping up, it could have been a V8 RS5 since they are pushing about 349HP. Definately not a RS5 model because I would have been smoked with its 444HP... Anways, felt good taking that WIN..

Last edited by a_lopez1975; 08-04-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:53 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Awesome. Nice Kill.

I'm assuming you have also driven on the highways in the US...so how does the Autobahn compare?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:25 AM
07 Cervini
2nd Gear Member

I thought on the autobahn you were suppose to stay in the right lane, and left was for passing?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:54 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Cervini
I thought on the autobahn you were suppose to stay in the right lane, and left was for passing?
That's how it is for every highway lol.

Good kill op
Old 08-04-2012, 04:50 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

. . . . .

Last edited by S8ER01Z; 08-06-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

It is and u r supposd to move over for faster traffic.

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
Left lane bandit? Move the **** over.
+1

OP, u r totally in the wrong here.

Also not much of a race IMO either
Old 08-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

On the autobahn it's a huge no, no to ride the right the right lane when someone wants to pass. One thing a German hates (can't speak for other Europeans) is when a car with American plates passes them..Driving the old ladies car (06 BMW 530I) at 160 or so I would still get passed.. Da** I miss Germany!
Old 08-05-2012, 05:49 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Awesome. Nice Kill.

I'm assuming you have also driven on the highways in the US...so how does the Autobahn compare?
The comparison is much faster on the Autobahn compared to United States highwazs. I have been stationed here in Germany for the past 7 years. After a while you become use to driving at speeds of 120km (75mph) or higher on the Autobahn. Where there are no speed limits posted, I usually drive about 160km (100mph) or 180km (110mph). So this has become normal driving speeds for me now. When I visit the States for vacation and drive the highways, the driving speeds are too slow for my taste.

Originally Posted by Stkjock
It is and u r supposd to move over for faster traffic.

+1

OP, u r totally in the wrong here.

Also not much of a race IMO either
Guess I gave the wrong impression as if I was joy riding on the left lane. No this was not the case. So as far as the LEFT LANE BANDIT and totally in the wrong comment goes, let me clarify. There were actually several trucks in the right lane that I was trying to pass. The posted speed limit on the portion of the autobahn I was driving on was 120km. So while passing, I drove 130km. Anything over 20km the speed limit can warrant a ticket. I hate driving in between trucks because some of the drivers (especially those from Czech, Italy, and Romania) cant drive and its common on the Autobahn to see an accident with a car crushed in between two trucks.

The driver was simply being an A-Hole and was pushing me to race him. Something GT soldier stated, having German Plates which show your are an American Driver makes you a target. Driving an American Car makes you a target for some German wanting to test you and your drive. Its very unlikely to see a Mustang on the Autobahn, so its a perfect opportunity for some Germans to try and test it.This happens to me everytime I take the MuStang out on the autobahn. But this was the first time I took the challenge or took the bait as some would say.

What Im assuming happened, and this is based on my experiences, is that the driver saw the Mustang. Drove way past the speed limit to catch up to me and pull his diiiick move to challenge.

However, I was in the wrong for going 140mph (220km) and jumping on the right lane (at this time I had cleared all the trucks) to do this.

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
On the autobahn it's a huge no, no to ride the right the right lane when someone wants to pass. One thing a German hates (can't speak for other Europeans) is when a car with American plates passes them..Driving the old ladies car (06 BMW 530I) at 160 or so I would still get passed.. Da** I miss Germany!
Im going to miss driving in Germany as well. Actually miss driving this Mustang. Just got orders for Ft. Lewis next April... My wife is german, so i will be coming back and forth, who knows, i may rent a Mustang while on vacation here..

I initially left out alot of details (did not expect rules and regulations entering this discussion). But left is for passing.

Last edited by Stkjock; 08-05-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Please use the multi quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:48 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Makes more sense now OP, I retract my lashing.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Ok, makes more sense with the added detail. However gotta keep your head straight.

Quick Reply: Beat an Audi A5 Today...