Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

This thread delivers. Vids coming soon. 2 5.0's VS 2 LS2's

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Default This thread delivers. Vids coming soon. 2 5.0's VS 2 LS2's

Good to be back among S/S gentlemen.

Honestly I dont have much of an excuse for being absent for so long. I had my internet priveldeges taken away at work which is when I was on here 80% of the time, and I will probably get them taken away again.

I was going to post this in racers bench, I hate posting in the wrong section which sometimes happens. (Sorry Stk)

So heres the story.

Me and some local buddies have been trying to set up some freeway runs, been talking about it for about a week. Finally had nice weather last night and made it happen. We all met up at Morbid's place so that we could arrange everything and try to keep this as organized as possible (and failed miserably)

We got ALOT of runs in last night. I probably had at least 10 runs myself. Morbid filmed everything on his 1080p camera, so you guys have that to look forward to. He is editing everything right now. I have videos from my ipod but they are kinda sketchy, I can upload them if you guys want. But basically before the videos I would kind of like to see what you guys think of how the races go before I put the vids in here. Kinda like a before and after.

Cars:

The fight for good against evil dosn't get much better then this.

2012 Mustang GT (mine) mods in sig

2012 Mustang GT (white car in upcoming videos)

mods: Manual, JHR shifter bracket, JHR ss clutch line, bassani axle backs, koni port struts/shocks, michelin pilot super sport tires

2005 GTO 6.0 (black car in upcoming vids)
mods: Manual, slp loudmouth axle backs, K&N CAI, Hurst competition short throw, drag bags, bald *** street tires.

2008 G8 GT (black with white wheels)
mods: Auto, LT headers, CAI, ported intake/throttle body, livernois stage 1 cam, x pipe, slp powerflow exhaust, dyno tuned.

Everyone ran against each other, multiple times. I'm curious to see how close you guys think we came to each other and then ill throw the videos in here when Morbyy is done with his editing skills so we can see how it really went down.

also if you want more details please ask

ENJOY

Last edited by Maraman; 08-16-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: corrections in mods
Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

5.0s can never lose!

I'll bet you won all races (unless you screwed up)

G8 GT is probably around 400whp in a heavier car. (4000lbs vs 3600 for the 5.0s)

I'll bet the g8 was a good race for the stock powered 5.0, close. I expect the GTO was the slowest.

I guess i'd say you put a beating on the GTO, bus length 0-120, the g8 was closer, you being a few cars ahead, and the other 5.0 you beat by 2-3 cars.

the other 5.0 id say beat the GTO by a few cars, and close to the G8, probably beating it by a car if they are equal drivers.

The G8 beat the GTO by a few cars.

if you guys are all about equal drivers...

Also welcome back! hope you and morbid get in here and stir up some trouble soon... getting boring around here you should get an O/R X pipe.. good $200 mod.

Last edited by Mishri; 08-16-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
5.0s can never lose!

I'll bet you won all races (unless you screwed up)

G8 GT is probably around 400whp in a heavier car. (4000lbs vs 3600 for the 5.0s)

I'll bet the g8 was a good race for the stock powered 5.0, close. I expect the GTO was the slowest.

I guess i'd say you put a beating on the GTO, bus length 0-120, the g8 was closer, you being a few cars ahead, and the other 5.0 you beat by 2-3 cars.

the other 5.0 id say beat the GTO by a few cars, and close to the G8, probably beating it by a car if they are equal drivers.

The G8 beat the GTO by a few cars.

if you guys are all about equal drivers...

Also welcome back! hope you and morbid get in here and stir up some trouble soon... getting boring around here you should get an O/R X pipe.. good $200 mod.
O/R X is def on the list. Along with LT headers. However I want to do them at the same time along with a catback so I can get it all tuned and be done, I hate going piece by peice and having to rip off what I've already put on.

Also looking into a Boss intake.

Wheels and tires are on the list (big and littles), most likely barton shifter and bracket.

Morbid can't get me to shake the idea of cams, (its like this is his car and not mine sometimes now that his GTO is gone.)

And big on the list is some suspension. I keep changing my idea which direction I want to go with it, because since I've gotten this car I've been 50/50 into the Auto-x scene and the drag scene.

BTW I miss your sigs, they are always epic.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

thanks, i actually have had my car as my sig for the past year, I just changed it a couple of days ago. what cams are you looking at? I haven't heard of any that do anything without new heads.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
thanks, i actually have had my car as my sig for the past year, I just changed it a couple of days ago. what cams are you looking at? I haven't heard of any that do anything without new heads.
Oh yea you did have your car your right.

Not really sure about the cams, I was just checking out these:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...uscle-com.html

I'm not an expert on cams, I just know that they give you more power at high rpm's, and that on GM motors they give you stupid power.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:21 PM
jmdgto
3rd Gear Member

can't wait to see the vids.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Originally Posted by Maraman
Oh yea you did have your car your right.

Not really sure about the cams, I was just checking out these:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...uscle-com.html

I'm not an expert on cams, I just know that they give you more power at high rpm's, and that on GM motors they give you stupid power.
yep.. i have had some good gif sigs in the past, just not again till recently.. one I was lucky I didn't get banned for

I forgot about that thread... its been like a year since I posted in it. (I think parchisi had annoyed me in another thread which is why i was picking on him there) I haven't been keeping up on 5.0 mods like I used to.. I should look again, but im pretty happy with the power I have and I'm spending my spare cash on other things.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:09 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Talked to Morbid, he said he is getting "very frustrated" with sony vegas pro.

If you know anything about Morbid..then you know that means its a **** storm

So it may take a few for me to post the good version of these races. I promise it will be worth the wait, we got at least 15 on film, and prob at least 8-10 were good ones. I'm working for another 3 hours but when I get home I can post some off my ipod if I have any good ones.

@ Mish

I didn't even notice how old that thread was until you said something about it.

Seems like 5.0 tekk has gotten more under control in my absence. Still the usual 5 threads a day about which CAI is the best and all that.

I really want some race stars, and Mickeys. I love the new dark stars that came out a little while ago, but I am so worried that my trans wont be able to handle the repeated launches. I hear so many horror stories about these MT82's. And several of my RL track buddies keep telling me that DR's are the way to kill my trans in a season or two.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/racest...5x10-0512.html

Last edited by Maraman; 08-16-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: @ Mish
Old 08-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I'm guessing the white 5.0 and the GTO were a close run, but that the 5.0 edged him out. That G8 sounds nasty with the cam and all. I'm thinking he came out on top, or close to it with a neck and neck race against you. Of course I'm not considering any driver mods, just the cars themselves.

Tell Morbid I said hurry the *** up!

Last edited by Stone629; 08-16-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:45 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Just post them on YouTube. Nobody cares about the pretty music/etc.

Quick Reply: This thread delivers. Vids coming soon. 2 5.0's VS 2 LS2's