Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Me vs vortech + meth 01 gt

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 06:12 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Awesome race man! Hopefully Our race doesn't have the same results
Old 09-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Car sounds pretty good...very loud though at idle and especially during a rev. There is no way to uh...move 'gracefully' though traffic with that car as it sits though it has a great snarl to it.

I was going to say, the LM1 is pretty much the loudest exhaust out there. I'd hate to be at his back bumper with my windows down.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:33 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Yeah to be perfectly honest I will probably change the exhaust at some point. At WOT and idle it sounds like a absolute beast, but there is a lot of rasp at part throttle that I really hate. And yes, I do feel sorry for anyone who is at my bumper during a race lol

Greddy, ain't no way our race is going down like that lol. I mean this car really has surprised me in a big way as far as power is concerned, but theoretically you probably will have better total power to weight ratio than me. I am looking forward to running you though
Old 09-17-2012, 06:58 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Those damn ls1's! Hah.

Nice race man. Car sounds like a beast.

I wonder how my car would hold up now against you/stone/greddy.

Edit* - eh when I slap my slicks on I might be a better run for you guys. As is it will be tough.

Last edited by 3vStang; 09-17-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Yeah to be perfectly honest I will probably change the exhaust at some point. At WOT and idle it sounds like a absolute beast, but there is a lot of rasp at part throttle that I really hate. And yes, I do feel sorry for anyone who is at my bumper during a race lol
Don't swap the whole exhaust, just swap the LM1 resonator for a LM2 bullet. Not too loud, not too quiet. No rasp imo. Had the LM2 on mine, swapped it and have regretted it ever since.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 3vStang
I wonder how my car would hold up now against you/stone/greddy.

Edit* - eh when I slap my slicks on I might be a better run for you guys. As is it will be tough.
I'd love to see that run go down.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:38 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Haha ready when you are 3vStang

Stone, are you saying the LM 2's sounded better than the Magnaflow you have now? Did you have the LM 2's with the HCI package as well? Ideally what I would like to have is the nice same choppy idle that I have now with the LM 1's, but a LOT less rasp at part throttle, and a definite deeper tone that's still pretty damn loud overall lol Do you think the LM 2's would give me that in your honest opinion?
Old 09-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Haha ready when you are 3vStang

Stone, are you saying the LM 2's sounded better than the Magnaflow you have now? Did you have the LM 2's with the HCI package as well? Ideally what I would like to have is the nice same choppy idle that I have now with the LM 1's, but a LOT less rasp at part throttle, and a definite deeper tone that's still pretty damn loud overall lol Do you think the LM 2's would give me that in your honest opinion?
Sounded better IMO. LM2s do not rasp and are ten times deeper than the LM1s. LM1s are awesome for catted cars, not ours though. I know what you mean about the part throttle thing, it sucks. The Magnaflow is a mellow set-up, not much louder if any louder than my stock muffler. The only thing different on my exhaust over a lot of others is the OBX resonators than came with my longtubes. They look like high flow cats, but seem to really quieten things down a bit. Never had the LM2s with the H/C. Car sounds the same though, minus the slight lope.

Here ya go..Magnaflow in car..

Magnaflow Idle..

LM2 in car..

LM2 pull...

Last edited by Stone629; 09-17-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:04 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Awesome! Thanks for those clips man! Honestly i'm digging the LM 2's based on those clips. It seems to have that deeper tone that i'm missing but still sounds pretty damn loud from what I can tell. IMO they sound much better than the Magnaflow that you have now. Is it a direct swap for my LM 1's...no cutting, bending or anything like that?
Old 09-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

No problem man, glad to help. I agree completely about which sounds better, and regret ditching the LM2.

Yep, direct swap using nothing more than a 15mm socket and the clamps you already have. At idle and part throttle, it was quiet enough in the car but not too quiet, just enough to carry on a conversation without raising your voice, but enough exhaust note to enjoy and be noticed by the car next to ya.

I can barely hear the magnaflow at all unless I'm WOT, next to a wall, or under a bridge... Now I'm thinking about swapping again, lol.

Quick Reply: Me vs vortech + meth 01 gt