Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

'11 SS vs '13 GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Default '11 SS vs '13 GT

First night video test with my new GoPro3 Black. Pleasantly suprised at how much more you can see at night than the GoPro1 I have..

Anyways, was creeping along the other night and notice some newer camaro taillights up ahead so I crept along alittle faster to catch up. I see the SS badge on the back and pull even with him. I gave him a blip of the throttle to see if he was game. He did the same but I thought he was taking off so I did.. then stopped, until I heard him get back on it.

Pulled about 2-3 Car lengths from 50-110. Exchanged thumbs up after race.

Only had my Borla S-type mufflers on at the time.

She now has a C&L CAI, JBA OR H-Pipe, 91Hybrid Bama tune, and Barton Short throw shifter+2 post bracket.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:26 PM
z28th1s
2nd Gear Member

Nice kill! The new mods you have should make a pretty good difference in your car! I know they really 'woke' my old '11 5.0 up!!
Old 01-26-2013, 10:15 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bokeo
First night video test with my new GoPro3 Black. Pleasantly suprised at how much more you can see at night than the GoPro1 I have..

Anyways, was creeping along the other night and notice some newer camaro taillights up ahead so I crept along alittle faster to catch up. I see the SS badge on the back and pull even with him. I gave him a blip of the throttle to see if he was game. He did the same but I thought he was taking off so I did.. then stopped, until I heard him get back on it.

Pulled about 2-3 Car lengths from 50-110. Exchanged thumbs up after race.

Only had my Borla S-type mufflers on at the time.

She now has a C&L CAI, JBA OR H-Pipe, 91Hybrid Bama tune, and Barton Short throw shifter+2 post bracket.

Do you know if it was a manual or automatic? A bit of a difference between those two engines.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:09 PM
ski
4th Gear Member

As mentioned by DeathRattle, there's a significant performance difference between the manual SS and the auto, especially if he has a passenger and you don't. Heck, I beat an auto SS vert last summer in a rolling 30-90 race. But he had a few extra bodies in his ride.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Pretty sure it was a manual. Didnt sound like an auto downshifting before we raced. Doesnt matter either way, my car is faster now.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I agree it wouldn't matter about the trans. Bokeo is faster than either one now that he is tuned and all that good stuff. Good run OP!