Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Some Mexico Runs

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

I needed a blower to just to go from getting bus lengthed to basically edging out a win against a practically stock LS1. Now granted thats on tame boost because of the ole factory bottom end but still. Its getting tougher and tougher to keep my head above water with a 10 year old 2 Valve.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bokeo
Come to think of it, there is one guy that I'm pretty sure will run. He works down the street from me, he has a 2002 V6 Camaro that he dropped an LT1 into and has bolt ons (not sure what bolt ons, but its about as loud as my car). Its actually very clean, gold with black stripes and nothing over the top. What would a mildy modded LT1 be pushing power wise?

He parked next to me a couple weeks ago and we chatted briefly but I was kind of in a hurry.
Like 89 said, not really worth your gas unless he has a good set of heads and cam. LT1s are down there with 2Vs when it comes to bolt-ons.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 89LX Coupe
Thar LT1 would pretty much get rapped lol at beat if the guy could drive it might would do high 12's but if it had some good cam and some sort of head work and a good tune that would be a good run for the 5.0!

Btw good runs man! Kinda makes me wonder how some of these runs would of gone if you still had the v6
Originally Posted by Hangwire
I needed a blower to just to go from getting bus lengthed to basically edging out a win against a practically stock LS1. Now granted thats on tame boost because of the ole factory bottom end but still. Its getting tougher and tougher to keep my head above water with a 10 year old 2 Valve.
Originally Posted by Stone629
Like 89 said, not really worth your gas unless he has a good set of heads and cam. LT1s are down there with 2Vs when it comes to bolt-ons.
Okay, well I'll see if hes down for a friendly run anyways. I'll do his race and let him pick the speed. Who knows, mabye he's packing some juice =)
Old 04-08-2013, 07:26 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

This... only they can get into the 12s without giving it 130% effort.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:39 AM
Explosive

Damn your exhaust sounds good, nice runs.

Seems like you get a lot of action in your area. Not so much in mine and when I do the drivers suck. I haven't lost to an LS1 yet except for the one I ran at the track so I'd be confident in saying my car takes on the street yours should no problem assuming small bolt ons
Old 04-10-2013, 06:48 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

LS1s are a hit or miss deal. For every 8 or 9 you see, one might actually be set-up to run right. Lot of them running around with full bolt-ons, NO tune, running pig rich, etc. I love mine, but seeing that a new 5 liter can run the same ETs and trap higher without even cracking the engine or trans open leaves me a little unimpressed with her. :/ I know I can spray it, etc and get things done, but its not the same feeling having to have so much help when cars like yours can do a lot more with a stock cam(s), stock heads, NA, etc.
Let's not forgot several hundred pounds heavier even... of course if you had a modern day transmission instead of the 4L60E your times would probably look a lot better considering the power you make. The transmissions in the new mustang are both much better for track duty than your A4 even with upgrades. (Internal gearing, efficiency, etc)

Originally Posted by Explosive
Seems like you get a lot of action in your area. Not so much in mine and when I do the drivers suck. I haven't lost to an LS1 yet except for the one I ran at the track so I'd be confident in saying my car takes on the street yours should no problem assuming small bolt ons
I take it the times listed in your sig are very old and you have added a blower or something?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:21 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

From reading Stone's posts, I can tell he is starting to get the itch.

100 bucks says his next car will be a 2011 5.0. Thoughts?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:49 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

I see stone going to the vette next...
Old 04-10-2013, 08:58 AM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z

I take it the times listed in your sig are very old and you have added a blower or something?
I was thinking it, but won't gonna say it lol. He has a pretty quick Fox, maybe that's what he's talking about? (I don't think he has it street legal iirc, but giving the benefit of the doubt).

I don't see Stone giving up his Fbody any time soon, even though he goes through cars like Ron Jeremy goes through condoms, if he used them
Old 04-10-2013, 09:10 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
I was thinking it, but won't gonna say it lol. He has a pretty quick Fox, maybe that's what he's talking about? (I don't think he has it street legal iirc, but giving the benefit of the doubt).

I don't see Stone giving up his Fbody any time soon, even though he goes through cars like Ron Jeremy goes through condoms, if he used them
Oh yeah that might explain it... I see something about a built 302 in his sig.

Quick Reply: Some Mexico Runs