Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Some Mexico Runs

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 09:53 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

You pretty much slapped around all those cars.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
He just hasn't ran the right LS1 yet

Nice runs! Your 5.0 pulls pretty strong man, especially up top.
Haha, LS1's are actually pretty rare around here. I've been keeping an eye out for one trust me, I'm sure I'll find one that will give me the buisness!

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
Great videos... The only thing that can kill a new 5.0 is another new 5.0 haha
Haha nah, there are a bunch of cars out there that will kill me, I just gotta look harder
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
LOL or a nice old school 5.0. Nice wins OP do you know if the Camaro was stick or auto?
Thanks Blue, I'm not sure about the tranny it had. +1 on the old school 5.0. Theres a fox I've seen a handful of times now running around on DR's, sounds like its procharged and looks pretty mean.

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Cool vids. Loved how you killed the fail-fly. I'm hoping that New Edge GT had more under the hood but missed a shift. Otherwise i'm not reallll sure what he thought he was gonna do. Fav part was the Ecko shirt.
Yeah I was expecting to get beat, the car looked all buisness.. but lacked alittle bite I guess?
Originally Posted by z28th1s
Nice runs!!

Loved that **** too.. can't F'n stand fly bys.
Same here, I get kinda pissed when someone does it to me.

Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT
You pretty much slapped around all those cars.
Thanks, You would murder them in your '13 Snake!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:54 PM
72MachOne99GT

Originally Posted by Bokeo

Thanks, You would murder them in your '13 Snake!
From the rolls yes, from the digs...ehhh...

I leave a lot to be desired with this car.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Haha, LS1's are actually pretty rare around here. I've been keeping an eye out for one trust me, I'm sure I'll find one that will give me the buisness!

Same here, I get kinda pissed when someone does it to me.
LS1s are a hit or miss deal. For every 8 or 9 you see, one might actually be set-up to run right. Lot of them running around with full bolt-ons, NO tune, running pig rich, etc. I love mine, but seeing that a new 5 liter can run the same ETs and trap higher without even cracking the engine or trans open leaves me a little unimpressed with her. :/ I know I can spray it, etc and get things done, but its not the same feeling having to have so much help when cars like yours can do a lot more with a stock cam(s), stock heads, NA, etc.

As for flybys, its pretty much a pu$$ y move. I can't stand that crap. If you want to show off, then man up and line up. Glad you shut that one down though!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:25 PM
72MachOne99GT

. I love mine, but seeing that a new 5 liter can run the same ETs and trap higher without even cracking the engine or trans open leaves me a little unimpressed with her. :/ I know I can spray it, etc and get things done, but its not the same feeling having to have so much help when cars like yours can do a lot more with a stock cam(s), stock heads, NA, etc!
Technology and innovation are a bitch huh.

Considering the LS1 has been squatting on SOHC motors since it's exit from the birth canal, I'd say you shouldn't feel to bad. that's not even taking into consideration 11-15 year old prices vs brand new to 2 year old prices.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

From the rolls yes, from the digs...ehhh...

I leave a lot to be desired with this car.
Haha, get some wide *** DR's on that thing. I have alot of issues with 1st and 2nd gear, I cant imagine having 200+ more HP. Tires would be a MUST have upgrade.
LS1s are a hit or miss deal. For every 8 or 9 you see, one might actually be set-up to run right. Lot of them running around with full bolt-ons, NO tune, running pig rich, etc. I love mine, but seeing that a new 5 liter can run the same ETs and trap higher without even cracking the engine or trans open leaves me a little unimpressed with her. :/ I know I can spray it, etc and get things done, but its not the same feeling having to have so much help when cars like yours can do a lot more with a stock cam(s), stock heads, NA, etc.

As for flybys, its pretty much a pu$$ y move. I can't stand that crap. If you want to show off, then man up and line up. Glad you shut that one down though!
Okay, I kinda figured so. Trans Am's have an LS1 too? Or something different? I see more Trans Ams than I do LS1 Camaros.

Yeah, you would think someone with a sports car like an EVO would have more ***** and not do a puss move like that. I've had a few ricers do it, but they were in ****boxes with mabye 130 fwhp. Bothers me even more when its a somewhat nice/fast car doing it.

Considering the LS1 has been squatting on SOHC motors since it's exit from the birth canal, I'd say you shouldn't feel to bad. that's not even taking into consideration 11-15 year old prices vs brand new to 2 year old prices.
Yeah, the LS1 is still a motor to be reckoned with, but you are right.. it is seeing its age. I'm sure in 10-15 years my 5.0 will be in the same boat.

Last edited by Stkjock; 04-07-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Yea it is, for us sporting +10 year old rides anyway, lol. Glad to see the car companies improving performance though. It'll be a sad day if they ever quit.

You're right, LS1s were and still are impressive for what they are. I'm not about to keep sinking money into to it in attempt to keep up with technology though. Thats a losing battle all day. Don't have the funds for all that anyway. I still plan on spraying it (going to try to hook it up tomorrow), but I'll be damned if I'm going to drop another several grand into it to keep up with cars like yours, especially once you start modding, lol. Just going to enjoy it for what it is....an aging "muscle" car.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Haha, get some wide *** DR's on that thing. I have alot of issues with 1st and 2nd gear, I cant imagine having 200+ more HP. Tires would be a MUST have upgrade.

Okay, I kinda figured so. Trans Am's have an LS1 too? Or something different? I see more Trans Ams than I do LS1 Camaros.

Yeah, you would think someone with a sports car like an EVO would have more ***** and not do a puss move like that. I've had a few ricers do it, but they were in ****boxes with mabye 130 fwhp. Bothers me even more when its a somewhat nice/fast car doing it.

Yea, TA's are LS1s too. They vary a bit from year to year and model to model, but all the TA's and Camaros from 98-02 are LS1s. They changed the heads, cam, and intake manifold on all of them for 2001 and 2002, so any of the LS1s from that year pull a bit harder, especially up top. SS's and WS6 Trans Ams also got some 3.23 gears, ram air hoods, some got better cat-backs, stuff like that. But either way, you should be able to EASILY pull any of them if they are stock. With headers, tuning, the right gear..you will have a good run with one, but definitely pull. Heads and cam LS1s are more in line with where your car is. They can be mild like mine, or 120+ trapping cars. They are about like Fox body Stangs as far as predictability goes, lol.

Last edited by Stone629; 04-06-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Yea, TA's are LS1s too. They vary a bit from year to year and model to model, but all the TA's and Camaros from 98-02 are LS1s. They changed the heads, cam, and intake manifold on all of them for 2001 and 2002, so any of the LS1s from that year pull a bit harder, especially up top. SS's and WS6 Trans Ams also got some 3.23 gears, ram air hoods, some got better cat-backs, stuff like that. But either way, you should be able to EASILY pull any of them if they are stock. With headers, tuning, the right gear..you will have a good run with one, but definitely pull. Heads and cam LS1s are more in line with where your car is. They can be mild like mine, or 120+ trapping cars. They are about like Fox body Stangs as far as predictability goes, lol.
Come to think of it, there is one guy that I'm pretty sure will run. He works down the street from me, he has a 2002 V6 Camaro that he dropped an LT1 into and has bolt ons (not sure what bolt ons, but its about as loud as my car). Its actually very clean, gold with black stripes and nothing over the top. What would a mildy modded LT1 be pushing power wise?

He parked next to me a couple weeks ago and we chatted briefly but I was kind of in a hurry.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:27 AM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Come to think of it, there is one guy that I'm pretty sure will run. He works down the street from me, he has a 2002 V6 Camaro that he dropped an LT1 into and has bolt ons (not sure what bolt ons, but its about as loud as my car). Its actually very clean, gold with black stripes and nothing over the top. What would a mildy modded LT1 be pushing power wise?

He parked next to me a couple weeks ago and we chatted briefly but I was kind of in a hurry.
Thar LT1 would pretty much get rapped lol at beat if the guy could drive it might would do high 12's but if it had some good cam and some sort of head work and a good tune that would be a good run for the 5.0!

Btw good runs man! Kinda makes me wonder how some of these runs would of gone if you still had the v6

Quick Reply: Some Mexico Runs