Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

BACK to the TRACK in the SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 07:36 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Why does a Mustang trap 110 with and auto and a Camaro can only reach 106???
The engine being neutered, the weight and torque management. Did your tuning remove the TM? If they had kept the ls3 in the auto the traps would be much better but they decided the l99 would keep the trans alive and offer better mileage?? It was a mistake IMO... I ran into several 5th gens when I was still lid/FRA only and the l99s fell behind quickly... The ls3 cars I would have to say I out drove.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:24 PM
z28th1s
2nd Gear Member

Nice improvements from the first visit to the track!!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I agree, very nice improvements. Thats a solid 4 tenth gain..was the air worse than the first time you ran? That could be robbing you of that 12.9 slip.

I know its the wifey's ride, but I wouldn't give up on it. Run it again in better air if the DA was even that bad, or throw some exhaust on it.

Cam.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:16 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
The engine being neutered, the weight and torque management. Did your tuning remove the TM? If they had kept the ls3 in the auto the traps would be much better but they decided the l99 would keep the trans alive and offer better mileage?? It was a mistake IMO... I ran into several 5th gens when I was still lid/FRA only and the l99s fell behind quickly... The ls3 cars I would have to say I out drove.
Thats what drives me crazy. They put the LS3 in the corvette with a automatic. And that transmission holds up fine. The only reason I can see them using this combo in the camaro is that it's a larger volume seller than the Corvette so they had to worry about cafe standards. The tune disables the cylinder deactavation but I dont think it totally disables the torque managment.

Originally Posted by z28th1s
Nice improvements from the first visit to the track!!
Thanks. I'm happy with the improvement.

Originally Posted by Stone629
I agree, very nice improvements. Thats a solid 4 tenth gain..was the air worse than the first time you ran? That could be robbing you of that 12.9 slip.

I know its the wifey's ride, but I wouldn't give up on it. Run it again in better air if the DA was even that bad, or throw some exhaust on it.

Cam.
I doubt it'll see many more mods. I still have plenty to do to the Mustang. I'm looking at a forged dart block and a 2 stage kit. When all is said and done I want the stang to run 9s.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Be cool to see what she'll do as is, just to know. Damn man, 9 second goal already? I know you'll do it if its what you want. Going to be one hell of a capable beast with that dart for sure. So you going to spray that dart to hell and back or?

I understand about the SS. I don't believe no more mods will ever happen, but I understand
Old 04-18-2013, 10:48 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Be cool to see what she'll do as is, just to know. Damn man, 9 second goal already? I know you'll do it if its what you want. Going to be one hell of a capable beast with that dart for sure. So you going to spray that dart to hell and back or?

I understand about the SS. I don't believe no more mods will ever happen, but I understand
My builder says the stock bottom end can handle 500WHP. So it should last a season or two no problem. The Dart block I'm looking at is a 363 rated out to about 1000. But yea my wife is already talking about a supercharger for her car. LOL she doesn't know what a supercharger does but she knows she wants one.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

My builder says the stock bottom end can handle 500WHP. So it should last a season or two no problem. The Dart block I'm looking at is a 363 rated out to about 1000. But yea my wife is already talking about a supercharger for her car. LOL she doesn't know what a supercharger does but she knows she wants one.
Oh damn...that 363 sounds nasty.

I like your wife. She needs to influence my wife!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:16 AM
z28th1s
2nd Gear Member

That's funny!!

My wife was always asking me when I was going to get her a supercharger for her 3.5 V6 '11 Ford Edge. I told her they didn't make one for it.

Two weeks ago we went and traded it for a '13 Edge that has the 2.0 Ecoboost motor (same one that comes in the Focus ST) in it. She is now happy because she has twin turbos, LOL!! She wants me to put a CAI and tune on it once they become available.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:31 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Where are you guys finding these women?!!?!? @bluebeast, @97toplessdad. Sheesh you guys are lucky
Old 04-20-2013, 07:46 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Z28 you may wan to sit your wife down and tell her she only has a single turbo. The twins are only on the v6 eco's. lol

Quick Reply: BACK to the TRACK in the SS