Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Cobra vs mrt's SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 06:06 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Stone, the a/f on my car is like 11.2 all the way to 5k where it leans out to about 12.2-12.5 until it hits the rev limiter at. That's way too rich from what I know. What do you think? I saw your thread over on LS1 tech btw...nice job on trapping 118! Shoot you might give me a good tun from a roll...who knows lol
Well, I would say its just a tuned extra safe for the spray, but with it leaning out like that up top IDK. Definitely need to get it retuned before spraying it, or if you want it to run at its best NA.

I think it would be a pretty good run between us. The lower the speed we start at, the better my chances are.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:33 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Well, I would say its just a tuned extra safe for the spray, but with it leaning out like that up top IDK. Definitely need to get it retuned before spraying it, or if you want it to run at its best NA.

I think it would be a pretty good run between us. The lower the speed we start at, the better my chances are.
Well 12.5 would be really nice across the board for n/a, but that's why I have the timing puller and a couple of fuel jets to play with for when I spray it. I'll start with pulling like 4-5 degrees and running the standard fuel jet for a 100 shot, then my tuner can play with timing and fuel jets if necessary to get the a/f where he wants it. It's not an exact science, but it should work just fine in theory.

Yeah you and I might be an interesting run for sure. Do you and Greddy have plans on running this year?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Actually yea, we've been discussing it for awhile now. But if/when we meet up, you better be there too! You and I should be within 25RWHP of each other once you have a good tune. I really think we would be a pretty tight run as it sits. Advantage you up top, me down low/mid range.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:52 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Actually yea, we've been discussing it for awhile now. But if/when we meet up, you better be there too! You and I should be within 25RWHP of each other once you have a good tune. I really think we would be a pretty tight run as it sits. Advantage you up top, me down low/mid range.
I would think his 4.10's would help his cause down low.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Crash, my 4.10's would definitely help down low, but Stone's torque converter combined with a tuned auto trans and shift points would definitely give him a much better advantage down low. From a dig he will smoke me for sure...a first gear roll hard to say...second gear and up the advantage would start being in my favor i'm sure.

Stone, I definitely want to meet with you and Greddy if/when you guys hook up What do think of my predictions here that I told Crash...does that sound theoretically sound right to you?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Crash, my 4.10's would definitely help down low, but Stone's torque converter combined with a tuned auto trans and shift points would definitely give him a much better advantage down low. From a dig he will smoke me for sure...a first gear roll hard to say...second gear and up the advantage would start being in my favor i'm sure.

Stone, I definitely want to meet with you and Greddy if/when you guys hook up What do think of my predictions here that I told Crash...does that sound theoretically sound right to you?
Your predictions are pretty well spot on. You do have 4.10s, but my 4l60 started life with a much more aggressive 1st gear than the T56, hence 3.73s being optimal for mine and 4.10s being optimal for you. Then there is the converter. I should be a at or slightly over 400 RWTQ due to the stall. Shifts hit hard as well. I think anywhere under 30 mph I would jump out. 2nd and the bottom of my 3rd gear should be where the changes take place...it's at the 85 mph point that I'm lost. Once my stall locks down, the MPH goes through the roof, but you clearly have a better MPH set-up than me (in theory). I went from gaining 23 mph thru the last 1/8th of the track unlocked to 26.5 mph gain locking it at 85 mph. Need some track results from your ride so we have something to go by!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:52 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Your predictions are pretty well spot on. You do have 4.10s, but my 4l60 started life with a much more aggressive 1st gear than the T56, hence 3.73s being optimal for mine and 4.10s being optimal for you. Then there is the converter. I should be a at or slightly over 400 RWTQ due to the stall. Shifts hit hard as well. I think anywhere under 30 mph I would jump out. 2nd and the bottom of my 3rd gear should be where the changes take place...it's at the 85 mph point that I'm lost. Once my stall locks down, the MPH goes through the roof, but you clearly have a better MPH set-up than me (in theory). I went from gaining 23 mph thru the last 1/8th of the track unlocked to 26.5 mph gain locking it at 85 mph. Need some track results from your ride so we have something to go by!
Yeah I have a feeling your car yanks hard down low like that lol! Also I will definitely will be hitting the track this year as well. You know I was thinking...I really can't shift this car like my Mustang. I mean it just won't slam into gear quite as quickly, and some of the LS1 guys have said bent shift forks are a common problem and or weekness with these cars. Have you ever heard that? Regardless, it would only help you in a race with me lol
Old 04-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Yeah I have a feeling your car yanks hard down low like that lol! Also I will definitely will be hitting the track this year as well. You know I was thinking...I really can't shift this car like my Mustang. I mean it just won't slam into gear quite as quickly, and some of the LS1 guys have said bent shift forks are a common problem and or weekness with these cars. Have you ever heard that? Regardless, it would only help you in a race with me lol
Ahh, yea the shifts are a killer. if you watch the vid of me and Greddy racing, you'll notice every time he shifts my car gains decent ground. Then once in gear he would stop my pull again, shift, lose ground, etc. Once I got into 3rd and reved up good I was able to pull away. Him not being able to make power up top due to his tune robbed him of those runs. At any rate, the tuned auto is what won those races, not HP. Greddy has been retuned since we last ran, moved up to 3.73s, annddd not sure what all else. I did the 9.5" stall, cut-out (shows a 2 tenth/2 MPH gain consistently), retuned, gotten DRs since...so motor on motor should be interesting when we do a rematch. No clue what will happen if we both spray, lol..

Never had much experience with the T56, but bent forks would cause you shifting issues. Might be worth checking into.

Last edited by Stone629; 04-22-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:22 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

All i've gotta say is stone's car is one of those cars that you just think has to have a little 50 shot spraying in it from what it does with his mods. I bet if you ditched the baby cam and got a little work done to those heads you could be running 10's n/a, maybe even in the middle of summer heat. I'm pumped for when we actually set something up.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:23 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Ahh, yea the shifts are a killer. if you watch the vid of me and Greddy racing, you'll notice every time he shifts my car gains decent ground. Then once in gear he would stop my pull again, shift, lose ground, etc. Once I got into 3rd and reved up good I was able to pull away. Him not being able to make power up top due to his tune robbed him of those runs. At any rate, the tuned auto is what won those races, not HP.

Never had much experience with the T56, but bent forks would cause you shifting issues. Might be worth checking into.
So when are you and Greddy thinking possibly? Any ideas yet? BTW, I just went out tonight and tested the nitrous I wanted to make sure everything was working properly before driving over an hour to my to the dyno. The guy is only checking a/f and WOT timing...no data logging or anything. Set the timing box to 8 degrees retard just to be safe for the moment, and it sputtered a bit but it's definitely working

Quick Reply: Cobra vs mrt's SS