Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Cammed 02 WS6 Vs H/C 01 SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:21 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
I should have the WB next week.. I'm still learning the tuning thing so baby steps..better safe than sorry considering I just dropped 3K last year putting the new short block in it.

I meant ET at the track...I have no idea where the AFR yet since I don't have a wide band on it. I went 12.8 with stock manifolds, lid/k&n and the cam on stock tune.... hoping revving to 6600 instead of 6000 and the long tubes are enough to knock off half a second and put me around 12.3
I gotcha! lol. so are you tuning it yourself? I'd love to tinker on tuning but too much complicated stuff going on lol.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:26 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
I want him to run too. Beyond eager to see what it does.

You going to actually launch the car this time? Spray it too? TC will touch 10s hopefully!

Been looking at nitrous all night. A bit overwhelming with all the different set-ups. Zex is cheap, but looks like it only offers a WOT switch. Dave's, etc is pricey and you have to add a lot of stuff to their base kits to get all the safety crap. I need some advice for real. I just want a solid, safe wet kit.
I'm gonna attempt it, prolly wont spray it since my clutch prolly still wont like it lol. I'm gonna see what I can do on boost only tho. For an auto car you dont really NEED that much safety stuff. basically a wot switch is all i'd consider necessary. a window switch imo is mainly incase you miss a gear or hit the rev limiter which shouldn't happen on an auto. but I wouldn't blame you for being overly safe lol.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
incase you miss a gear or hit the rev limiter .
You should watch the vid of me running that 150 shot Cobra from a roll again, lol. My car hates to be held in gear from a roll and then manually shifted. Bounces every time seems like.

Might as well go ahead and launch it man. If the clutch doesn't like it, then its worthless and it needs to be swapped anyway! J/K, I know what you're saying.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:08 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
You should watch the vid of me running that 150 shot Cobra from a roll again, lol. My car hates to be held in gear from a roll and then manually shifted. Bounces every time seems like.

Might as well go ahead and launch it man. If the clutch doesn't like it, then its worthless and it needs to be swapped anyway! J/K, I know what you're saying.
I think what got me last time was trying to slip the clutch and me not doing it fast enough. so this time I'll just be straight dumping it. eff it. Hopefully the airs good this time around. I'd love to run an 11.3x without nitrous lol.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:03 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
I gotcha! lol. so are you tuning it yourself? I'd love to tinker on tuning but too much complicated stuff going on lol.
Yeah.. a lot of crap to figure out.. now I know why people are dropping hundreds of dollars on tuning classes and seminars. I've been doing a lot of data logging (I have an hour drive to work and then home every day so I get a lot of data.) Hopefully by the time I get the wide band on I will have some idea of what I am doing. lol
Old 06-07-2013, 08:30 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Damn, that section gets a lot of hits. I'd join just for the s/s section but I'd get eaten alive since I have a 2V :/
Old 06-08-2013, 12:14 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Damn, that section gets a lot of hits. I'd join just for the s/s section but I'd get eaten alive since I have a 2V :/
Oh yea, they get tons of hits and responses over there. This section used to be like that. Need to get it back up and running like it used to be! Join up over there, long as you're not starting crap and can ignore/resist responding to trolls like automach/bolton3V, you'll be fine.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:02 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Great kill Stonie. Two very fast cars right there.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Great kill Stonie. Two very fast cars right there.
Appreciate it brother!
Old 06-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Poppacapp
2nd Gear Member

Good kill mang

Quick Reply: Cammed 02 WS6 Vs H/C 01 SS