Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Two sort of runs

Old 07-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Default Two sort of runs

Driving out this am to meet some friends and I see a neighbor ahead of me in his 1967 or 68 Chevelle, 502 Chevy Crate motor, LTs full exhaust with a 4 speed out on the road

I get along side to say hello, we exchange greetings, he had never seen the car out.

Traffic opens up ahead of us some, and to my surprise, I hear him gun it. I'm surprised because the dude in well past 65 years old. He gets out ahead of me by about 3/4 a car, I'm in second and pour on the corn, the big Whipple roars to life and the front end lifts.

His advantage immediately stops and I start to gain, whined out the rpms and I get in front of him by about a 1/4 - 1/2 car when I have to let out.

He turned off in a few blocks to go to the car show he was on the way to when I caught up with him.

A bit later, cruising to breakfast with my friends, TT 997 ahead of me and a white Evo picks a fight with him.

I sit back and LOL, because I know the 997 is a bad *** bitch...

They slow to around 40, I drop into 2nd and wait for them to go.... they take off and I wait about second, the TT Porsche is gone.... has about 4 lengths on the Evo, meanwhile.... I'm reeling the Evo in as he has stayed in it....

I bang third and close what was a two car distance to be at his back bumper, keep my foot in it a bit longer and my bumper is about at his driver door and I have to let off.

He seemed like he wanted to line up to go heads up with me, but my turn off was coming and really.... my point was proved.....

Old 07-22-2013, 07:40 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Great runs... man stuff like that just doesn't exist around here. You have a lot of amazing cars to play with.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
Great runs... man stuff like that just doesn't exist around here. You have a lot of amazing cars to play with.
yea, there are a solid amount of cars around that have some power.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:09 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

Some of us 65+ year old muscle car fanatics still like to race.

Last edited by ski; 07-23-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Originally Posted by ski
Some of us 65+ year old muscle car fanatics still like to race.
I know, it's all good too, I guess I should have added that every time I talk to him he's going to this show or that show with the car, not ever racing it.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:30 PM
ski
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
I know, it's all good too, I guess I should have added that every time I talk to him he's going to this show or that show with the car, not ever racing it.
Apparently the spirit moved him the last time you crossed paths.
Nice kill BTW.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:07 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Nice runs. Was the 997 modded? There are a handful around me with mods, they move out.

Theres a 996tt, rwd swap, stick car, making close to 800 in my area.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Originally Posted by 3vStang
Nice runs. Was the 997 modded? There are a handful around me with mods, they move out.

Theres a 996tt, rwd swap, stick car, making close to 800 in my area.
heavily modded, upgraded turbos, exhaust, motor, cams, transmission... car hauls *** !!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:26 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Stkjock
heavily modded, upgraded turbos, exhaust, motor, cams, transmission... car hauls *** !!
How even would your car match up against that Porsche?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Originally Posted by crash
How even would your car match up against that Porsche?
IMO, if I got traction, he's be out on me and stay out on me. Car probably makes similar power to mine and must weigh several hundred pounds less, even with it's driver having 75 lbs on me.

my car has recorded 60-130 @ 6.0 sec, a similar car in our group to this 997 have gone mid 4s 60-130

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Two sort of runs