Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Clicked a 12 in an SUV!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:16 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default Clicked a 12 in an SUV!

Had to take my bosses DD out to the track so I could pilot it with the "driver weight reduction" mod. Got a new best with it with bolt ons.

Edit: Not sure why but to view the vid you have to click the link, it wont play when on this page.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Thats pretty wild, Greddy. Very unsuspecting at a light to say the least. Wish they sounded a little better like the 3.7, but whatever, the ecoboost is still a hell of a motor. That Explorer gets off the line like a boss considering its a stock stall. Nice work!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:31 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Thats pretty wild, Greddy. Very unsuspecting at a light to say the least. Wish they sounded a little better like the 3.7, but whatever, the ecoboost is still a hell of a motor. That Explorer gets off the line like a boss considering its a stock stall. Nice work!
Yeah I dont like how it sounds either. but all well. Brake torquing it with the stock converter I can get about 5~ psi built up and that's what helps it leave I'm sure, 1.85 60' was the best which is damn good. My buddy tried running it once and he got a 1.84 60 but for some reason it smacked the limiter a couple times on the 1-2 so he got out of it.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:36 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
Yeah I dont like how it sounds either. but all well. Brake torquing it with the stock converter I can get about 5~ psi built up and that's what helps it leave I'm sure, 1.85 60' was the best which is damn good. My buddy tried running it once and he got a 1.84 60 but for some reason it smacked the limiter a couple times on the 1-2 so he got out of it.
Wow, that thing was moving pretty good. What mods? Intake, exhaust, tune?
Old 08-02-2013, 06:54 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

^ yup it's got an airaid intake, our downpipes, corsa catback, and a super wando tune.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:21 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

No kidding. If I didn't see it I wouldn't believe it. Besides the mods, this is just a plain jane ecoboost explorer? Not like the explorer sport or anything else special?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:23 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
No kidding. If I didn't see it I wouldn't believe it. Besides the mods, this is just a plain jane ecoboost explorer? Not like the explorer sport or anything else special?
It is the sport, I think thats the only explorer that comes with the ecoboost, but I'm not sure on that. It does also have h&r springs, but I think those would make no difference at the track on this thing.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:59 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Who would have ever thought a explorer with bolt on's and a tune would run 12's... Does your boss have anymore plans for the truck greedy?
Old 08-02-2013, 09:39 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Who would have ever thought a explorer with bolt on's and a tune would run 12's... Does your boss have anymore plans for the truck greedy?
Doubt it. He buys stuff like this just to experiment with. No he'll prolly keep it for a few months then return to stock and sell it. And pick up something else. I was told we might be getting a focus st to play with soon.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
Doubt it. He buys stuff like this just to experiment with. No he'll prolly keep it for a few months then return to stock and sell it. And pick up something else. I was told we might be getting a focus st to play with soon.
Been waiting on somebody to do something with an ST since they released them.

Quick Reply: Clicked a 12 in an SUV!