Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

me and mrt again

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 03:30 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default me and mrt again

I wasn't sure if i should make a new thread or not but figured I would.

MRT changed his midpipe and wanted to try starting at a higher rpm and revving it higher, it certainly made a difference! he just barely tapped the limiter on the 2-3 otherwise this looks like it would have been a dead nuts race.

second race he tried spraying and I'll let him chime in on what it actually did. my nitrous worked as it should my pressure was at around 1050.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJP2t...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-25-2013, 03:40 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Yep, I just barely tapped the rev limiter in 2nd, and that's where Greddy gets the 1/4 car, but it was dead nuts after that! The FM merger along with starting at a higher rpm (and shifting just a tad higher) made all the difference! The nitrous is another story lol...it didn't kick on until a second later then cut out at like 6k, so I said screw it lol! I WILL get this thing fixed lol

One other thing to mention here...Greddy and I were talking, and we think my total race weight might actually be 50-100 lbs heavier than his at this point. So i'm sure that factors in as well

Last edited by Stkjock; 08-25-2013 at 06:42 PM. Reason: STHERE'S a edit button.....use it
Old 08-25-2013, 05:46 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Now thats a damn race!! Glad the higher RPM worked for you MRT. As for the nitrous, looks like your tuner may have set it for a over conservative window, orrrr you just need to man up and do a 150 shot
Old 08-25-2013, 07:47 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Yeah that's they kind of race I expected last weekend. I expect the higher rpm's helped him in the middle and the free'er flowing exhaust helped him up top and is what made him start coming back at the end IMO.

And Rod I still have no idea how we got out of this weekend with no tickets. I'm really thinking of cutting out the street racing for the season after all the close calls lol.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:51 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Stone, my tuner only pulled 3 degrees timing, and a/f was 11.8 on the nitrous so i'm not sure what to believe at the moment lol

Colin, to be totally honest I couldn't agree more! I mean if we can't race in the damn country without problems then it's almost like a sign it seems lol. We need to commit to track day and just stick to it lol
Old 08-25-2013, 07:53 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Nice runs guys. Blower sounded good.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:56 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
We need to commit to track day and just stick to it lol
yes, where I have the upper hand. :P
Old 08-25-2013, 08:02 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Lol yes you will, so i'm just going to have to convince you to run on those Toyo's so I may "possibly" have a chance lol

Thanks Pete, and yes Greddy's blower sounds awesome for sure!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

MRT, I'm just messing with you about hitting it with a bigger shot. In all seriousness, next time you spray, pay close attention to where it kicks in and cuts out. Your tuner may have set it up for a certain RPM range, but it may still be cutting out too soon. On our cars, its a little less than accurate sometimes. For example, my tuner set my stall up to lock at 88 mph, but it wasn't locking until like 96 mph. So I went back, informed him of the result and he told the PCM to lock at 78 mph...now it locks around 88-90 mph. Talk it over with them, they'll get it dialed in for ya. Either way, your car is fukn rolling out to be able to put up a fight against Greddy like that.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:24 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Thanks Stone! Yeah I do plan on calling my tuner tomorrow actually, and see what he has to say. If that gets me nowhere i'm going to get a test light or something similar, and check to see if there is a loose wire or something. If it's not that then my MSD window switch may be causing issues with my LNC-2000...or maybe the other way around lol...who knows lol. There is no consistency here and that's the weird thing. I mean it may spray most of 2nd, but not 3rd, but may at the very top of 4th, or just the opposite...or whatever lol. It WILL get figured out that's for damn sure lol

Last edited by mrtstang; 08-25-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Quick Reply: me and mrt again