Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

eaton/n2o cobra vs kb cobra

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 07:27 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default eaton/n2o cobra vs kb cobra

Well I set up a race with a guy close to me that has a 2.6 kb cobra, he said it made 592whp but im not sure which dyno it was on. Anyways, it's a stock weight car minus spare tire/jack he said, and the guy was about my size so my only advantage was my 100-150lbs taken out with my sra swap and I had about 60 more ft lbs but only made 530whp.

Also, he kept saying he was having issues with his pprv causing a huge delay when he'd shift into 4th, he never got a good run because of that. Looked to me like he missed 4th every time but I find that hard to believe too lol.

anyways, first race was a 20ish roll, 3 honks were off, I was in and out of it trying to make it hook, and thus the nitrous never came on until 2nd, then as you'll see in the vid he got close to coming into my lane so I let up just a tad, he had about 2 cars on me by the end of 3rd. Next races were all either a 40 or a 55ish roll, cant remember which was what. the first 2 I had good bottle pressure and it was a very good race, stayed within half a car either way. Then the last 2 you can deff notice my pressure is dieing off as he would get about a car or so on me. when we drove off to do the last couple races my pressure was at 750, at the end of those two it was at 600, deff not optimal lol.

He's gonna try and figure out his hesitation on the 3-4 and I'm gonna get my bottle filled then we're gonna do this again. I'll post the vids tonight, dont have enough time to shorten them up before work today so You'll have to all check back later tonight .

** VIDS **
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwhO0...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by ctgreddy; 08-29-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:31 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Wow you have all the fun! In for vids!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:44 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Yeah it's strange, the past 2-3 weeks I've ran more people than I have all summer. Poor cobra doesn't know what to do with all this wot haha
Old 08-29-2013, 11:00 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

And half of those races was probably you and me lol! Looking forward to the vid
Old 08-29-2013, 07:32 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Just updated post with the vid, for the love of god I need a driver mod on my 2-3. I swear sometimes I can roll thru pretty good like I did against mrt and then there's this crap where I could eat a sandwhich in the time between shifts lol.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

You got a short throw? Only time he really gained ground was when you shifted. Looks like he was spinning too, or maybe he had a few before y'all ran (he was getting in your lane a lot). Cars sounded good.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:48 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Considering what you were up against I think you did pretty damn good! So all traction and shifting issues aside do you think it's a really tight race? Cause you guys had one run there that looked really fair and pretty even to me
Old 08-29-2013, 07:51 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
You got a short throw? Only time he really gained ground was when you shifted. Looks like he was spinning too, or maybe he had a few before y'all ran (he was getting in your lane a lot). Cars sounded good.
I dont think he was spinning, only race he should have been spinning on was the first one, you can see my car shift around a tad but yeah that one deff got a little sketchy. Yeah I have a pro 5.0, might try an mgw soon.

mrt the more I watch it the more I think it'd be a really really good race with equal shifting/traction. I really wish he could have got it into 4th right so we could have ran a little longer.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:54 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Gotcha! So when is the rematch?
Old 08-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Those were close runs. I really didn't see him pulling much or at all except when you shifted.

Mgw!!

Quick Reply: eaton/n2o cobra vs kb cobra