Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

GTO Vs SS Vs Mach results *vids*

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 09:07 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
I only had the restriction issue going into 3rd.... I wonder if your master is leaking? In stock form I could power shift 4th with no issue during a 1/4 run at the track. Good runs.

What speeds did you run from and where are you shifting? Need to get you some hptuners so you can catalog.
I was shifting all the way up there at the rev limiter, which I had totally forgotten how low GM set the damn thing. Every gear is tough to be honest.My clutch engages directly off the floor and shifts really harsh. There's nothing smooth about it at all. 4th takes a 2 second wait to be able to shift it at those speeds, 3rd was almost as bad.

Originally Posted by Explosive

Just teasing. Youre often talking about how you miss the machs
Bastard

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Damn that car is Un-Stone-like slow.......what are you going to do to this thing?
#IvoteMach
Getting tuned this week, so that will take care of the GTO and Mach for now. Then hopefully it'll have a good cam in it real soon. I'm going to continue to cut weight as well. I'd love to get it down to 3300 without destroying the car. After that I'm not sure..
Old 01-13-2014, 10:25 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

I think you have some issues to sort out... I bet the car is night and day once you get that clutch sorted out. Even shifting at 6600rpm it comes up quick... the stock 6K was a bitch though.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:24 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

I'm just curious as to why you've bought a vert? Was it a good deal? Low miles?
Old 01-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
The ONLY reason is due to have decent miles (82k) for the price (less than $10k). That and it is exceptionally clean. Otherwise I would never own a convertible. I was after the motor and trans moreso than the top, so I compromised.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:17 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
He likes to feel the wind blowing thru his golden locks.

Are you sure just a tune is going to take care of that gto? seemed like he was starting to pull pretty good, I'd think you'd need a little more than just a tune. But maybe you'll surprise me!
Old 01-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
He likes to feel the wind blowing thru his golden locks.

Are you sure just a tune is going to take care of that gto? seemed like he was starting to pull pretty good, I'd think you'd need a little more than just a tune. But maybe you'll surprise me!
Along with a trendy scarf and a pomeranian....

Yea man, I'm pretty positive. I'm down 15-20 HP untuned, and was also limited to 6k RPM. He'll bump that rev limit up another 600 RPM. I probably could've stayed on his rear bumper with nothing more than clean shifting imo. Don't forget about the cat-back either, I'm still on OEM diameter piping from the Y-pipe back through a flowmaster. Sitting here looking at some SLP prices as we speak

His car does pull up top pretty good, especially once that stall locks down.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:59 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Along with a trendy scarf and a pomeranian....

Yea man, I'm pretty positive. I'm down 15-20 HP untuned, and was also limited to 6k RPM. He'll bump that rev limit up another 600 RPM. I probably could've stayed on his rear bumper with nothing more than clean shifting imo. Don't forget about the cat-back either, I'm still on OEM diameter piping from the Y-pipe back through a flowmaster. Sitting here looking at some SLP prices as we speak

His car does pull up top pretty good, especially once that stall locks down.
If clean shifting would have left you at his back bumper then I'd agree with you. Camera made it look like he was pulling more than that, but was prolly an illusion. get those lm2's man! Or better yet, sell it, buy a mach, and buy lm2's for that! lol
Old 01-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
If clean shifting would have left you at his back bumper then I'd agree with you. Camera made it look like he was pulling more than that, but was prolly an illusion. get those lm2's man! Or better yet, sell it, buy a mach, and buy lm2's for that! lol
That go-pro is a little deceiving. I actually had a good fender on him until about half way through 2nd gear....and fell back on every shift. I think practice might help a lot, or just getting used to the car's behavior. I played around a little on the way home tonight and was able to get it to do more what I want.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:49 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Wait until you raise that limiter and tune... Night and day difference not to mention hitting almost 60 in 1st is crazy. Lol

Last edited by S8ER01Z; 01-13-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:15 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Nice runs! Another car for Stone, why am I not surprised?

Quick Reply: GTO Vs SS Vs Mach results *vids*