MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Street/Strip (http://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip-25/)
-   -   LS1, Vs Mach 1, Vs GTO, Vs 3V (http://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip/706369-ls1-vs-mach-1-vs-gto-vs-3v.html)

Stone629 02-10-2014 07:19 PM

LS1, Vs Mach 1, Vs GTO, Vs 3V
 
Did a few rematch runs with the same GTO and Mach yesterday. I got tuned and did a 3" cat-back since our last trip to Mexico. Mach got UDPs, and the GTO fixed his shift points so he is now shifting at 6200 Vs the 7K rpm he was shifting at last time!! Talk about getting out of your power band, damn..anyway the Mach and I were literally dead nuts even last time we ran, so you can really see the tune and exhaust gains I picked up in the vid of us. The GTO and I went 30-120 for the first 2 runs, and 30 allllllll the way up to 150 mph on our 3rd run. It was just so close neither of us wanted to let out. There's a random 3V in the vid too, actually impressive for the mods, imo.

All car's mods are listed in the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gevg...ature=youtu.be

Explosive 02-10-2014 07:30 PM

Nice runs ! what was up with that start on the mustang mustang race ?

PS intense music

Stone629 02-10-2014 07:41 PM

The 3V guy is pretty new to all of it, in fact that was most likely his first ever race. The Mach was kind of half way, well...if he wanted to I think he could've gotten one hell of a jump from the get go. That run wasn't really planned.

Yea, the music is on the Mach driver, lol. I'm not complaining since he's the one that spent hours going through all that go-pro vid and getting it uploaded!

ctgreddy 02-10-2014 07:43 PM

Awesome vids! DAMNIT I HATE BEING STUCK IN WINTER CRAP!!!!!

It's funny watching those, thinking if that guy with the '10 3v would have just went ONE year newer it'd be a totally different ball game lol.

Seeing you lose to that gto means you're gonna have to cam it asap so you can be well in the lead ;)

Stone629 02-10-2014 07:47 PM

I need a good cam,(and heads) PERIOD! He is camming up this spring, so I really need the heads to seal the deal. Or a 150.

ctgreddy 02-10-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stone629 (Post 8347572)
I need a good cam,(and heads) PERIOD! He is camming up this spring, so I really need the heads to seal the deal. Or a 150.

I'm sure the head guy at my work still has those worked 799's if you want them. OR penny up and get that 1le, and cam that! ;)

Stone629 02-10-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctgreddy (Post 8347579)
I'm sure the head guy at my work still has those worked 799's if you want them. OR penny up and get that 1le, and cam that! ;)

Those are nice heads, but the money thing is a bitch. Especially since Uncle Sam wants even more of my money now. Bastards.

I'm trying hard to figure out how to get that 1le without losing my ass. Doesn't look very doable though to be honest.

That Mach is a 12.9/110 mph car before his UDPs. Would you say my SS is a solid 113 judging by the vid?

ctgreddy 02-10-2014 08:40 PM

I would say a solid 112 113 in good weather would be a good guess! But I hope he didn't expect those udp's to do anything, they never do lol.

Explosive 02-10-2014 08:54 PM

Theyre supposed to be good for killing 4vs lol

Stone629 02-10-2014 08:54 PM

He said he really only did them to clean up the engine bay, that he didn't like the rusted pulleys, lol. If you saw how immaculate this Mach is inside and out you'd know what I mean. His engine bay is clean! Lots of painted bits, etc.

He said it smoothed out the idle, but thats it.

Explosive 02-10-2014 09:08 PM

Yea theres a popular theory that they increase vibration through the motor and cause oil pump gears to shatter at very high rpm resulting in sudden lack of oil pressure. Never been proven i dont think. But many have had issues after installing them.

ctgreddy 02-10-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Explosive (Post 8347634)
Yea theres a popular theory that they increase vibration through the motor and cause oil pump gears to shatter at very high rpm resulting in sudden lack of oil pressure. Never been proven i dont think. But many have had issues after installing them.

Ya know I never heard about that until a while before I bought my cobra, I was looking at mach's and saw a thread about that and how everyone suggests staying far away from them, and it's big on the mach's since they get revved so high. I think personally it would only be an issue if you got cheap/no name pullies. but all well.

Explosive 02-10-2014 09:37 PM

Yea, its an interesting topic and enough to make me avoid them.

S8ER01Z 02-10-2014 11:17 PM

Damn good runs... Car is moving out really well. Looks like you really lose ground during shifts against the GTO... It even appeared that you creeped up a little on him before you had to shift. Strong car!

Stone629 02-12-2014 07:25 PM

Thanks skater. I was creeping on him at the end of that 3rd run for sure. Not sure what changed, maybe just a difference in his tq curve and mine, gearing, etc. Hard to out shift a tuned auto! Especially with out paddle boat T-56 trannys. I tried shifting slow and smooth vs too quick and missing gears like I did last time. Bleeding the clutch helped a lot too, prob picked up another 2" of pedal from it. That GTO gained a lot by lowering his shifts back down to 6200. The Mach stayed pretty much where he was the last time we ran where we were dead even, so that run against him shows how much the tune/3" exhaust helped me. Now I just a cam, or...

ctgreddy 02-12-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stone629 (Post 8348470)
Thanks skater. I was creeping on him at the end of that 3rd run for sure. Not sure what changed, maybe just a difference in his tq curve and mine, gearing, etc. Hard to out shift a tuned auto! Especially with out paddle boat T-56 trannys. I tried shifting slow and smooth vs too quick and missing gears like I did last time. Bleeding the clutch helped a lot too, prob picked up another 2" of pedal from it. That GTO gained a lot by lowering his shifts back down to 6200. The Mach stayed pretty much where he was the last time we ran where we were dead even, so that run against him shows how much the tune/3" exhaust helped me. Now I just a cam, or...

...or switch to a 1le. I finished your sentence for you. ;)

Stone629 02-12-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctgreddy (Post 8348472)
...or switch to a 1le. I finished your sentence for you. ;)

Haha, saw that one coming :D


But yes, or switch to a 1le!

89LX Coupe 02-13-2014 12:37 AM

Right on Stone!! Glad to see that SS is treating you right, damn you modded that thing fast haha. All the cars seem to run really strong especially that GTO.

Shoot maybe sometime after this 12 inches of snow melts away possibly a few of us VA guys can ride down and play a little bit and see how some cars compare :) at least it'll make for a good time and some good videos haha

Mishri 02-13-2014 11:24 AM

Stone, it's time you went...

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps223c5abf.jpg

Stone629 02-13-2014 01:21 PM

LMAO^^ :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.