Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

First time at the track.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 04:04 PM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007StangV6

Thank you! I'm going to do a little tune up on the car, and get back out there in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to dip below 14.9. That's my goal atleast.
LOL, ………and so it begins !!!
Old 03-24-2014, 04:48 PM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
LOL, ………and so it begins !!!
It began when I first bought the car. LOL. I never brought it to the track because I didn't think it was anything special. Now that i've been, I can see that it really doesn't matter what you drive. That Ram truck was running 18.8 all day. Nothing special about the car at all. He was having fun though!

Wouldn't mind going into the low 12's, but that won't be until after I pay the car off.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:56 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I saw the one guy talked about insurance at the track. You need to keep in mind that when your at the track your insurance will not cover any damage you might receive. Most people assume its covered when indeed it is not. You have to buy insurance for the track purpose which is sold. Not sure how much it is since I haven't bought it.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:03 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Nice passes! That's a quick V6.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:50 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
I saw the one guy talked about insurance at the track. You need to keep in mind that when your at the track your insurance will not cover any damage you might receive. Most people assume its covered when indeed it is not. You have to buy insurance for the track purpose which is sold. Not sure how much it is since I haven't bought it.
I read over everything when I signed the waiver. I didn't want to buy the insurance. I have been 80+mph on the highway, with not as smooth payment, so this wasn't an issue at all. If for some reason, something were to happen, that would only give me a reason to upgrade the car.

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
Nice passes! That's a quick V6.
Thanks! Pretty sure I could have gotten better times had I planned everything out better. I was running with a 1/2 tank of gas and had a few things in the trunk (spare, jack, ect) that could have been taken out.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:58 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Originally Posted by buster
I was at a well known track in upper ohio and I refused to stage against a racer who tossed a beer can over the fence and climbed into his car. Like is being said, don't stage if there is anything wrong. It's your car, your insurance is on the starting line when you race and unless you are a cat, you only have one life. That is something you should remember. But have fun is the main thing. It's also a friendly competition, not a contact sport.
1 or 2(depending on your tolerance) beers is good for calming your nerves before a race. gets a little more relaxed without impairing your driving (unless you are a light weight, then half a beer). Studies show some alcohol (well below the legal limit) actually helps driving abilities. More pro racers should look into it.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
1 or 2(depending on your tolerance) beers is good for calming your nerves before a race. gets a little more relaxed without impairing your driving (unless you are a light weight, then half a beer). Studies show some alcohol (well below the legal limit) actually helps driving abilities. More pro racers should look into it.
I actually tested that theory years ago. One quickly downed beer, ET went up 2 tenths. Pulled back around, drank another in probably a 5 minute period, circled back around to stage, ran..yea, after that slip I parked the car. It was almost a half second off. I could tell I had a couple beers, but felt just fine to drive (of course). Amazing how quickly alcohol can degrade your driving, especially when you are dealing with mere tenths of a second, lol. I'm a tiny bastard, but my tolerance is on up there. Didn't matter I guess.

Back on topic..
Old 03-28-2014, 11:00 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
All I saw was this guy chug the rest of his Budweiser, turn and toss the can over the fence, put his arm in his fire suit, close the door. I was like, no f++ing way am I staging against this guy.

How am I to know he didn't finish the case? This was at a top notch track too and I won't say which because it's my favourite track. You would have to be an idiot to jump in a 10 second car with booze on your breathe. But that's my opinion.

BTW. I was driving my 06 GT and this was in 07.

PS. changed my mind so if anybody there is reading this they can watch for it. Norwalk

Last edited by buster; 03-28-2014 at 11:04 AM.