Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

me and mrt

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 10:41 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Yeah some of those guys act as if money is no big deal, and I can just redo the entire top end...just like that lol! I agree and think if I do pull the trigger on anything it will be a fast 92 more than likely, and i'll probably have it ported as well. I like the 102, but it's not a direct bolt on like the 92. But then again if I pull off a solid win on the spray I may not do a thing lol!

Somehow I think greddy will do the lower pulley though, and then i'll have to up the game again lol
Exactly. I'd leave it just like it is until you have an extra $800 to burn on an intake, if you feel the need to pick up that 15-25 hp. But yea, as it sits you'll pull him on the spray, but then he is going to spray back, and then if its even remotely close you can believe Greddy will get the lower or a knowing him a whole different blower all together, lol. Never ends!
Old 04-13-2014, 10:49 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Exactly. I'd leave it just like it is until you have an extra $800 to burn on an intake, if you feel the need to pick up that 15-25 hp. But yea, as it sits you'll pull him on the spray, but then he is going to spray back, and then if its even remotely close you can believe Greddy will get the lower or a knowing him a whole different blower all together, lol. Never ends!
Lol yes it's never ending for sure, but IMO that's where all the fun is at

I was telling greddy last night that i'd love to see a total max effort ported/pullied Cobra vs a total max effort HCI LS1 f-body! I think that would be very interesting!

If Greddy actually stays with the same shot (we'll see about that lol) I'm thinking I might pull it off since my previous mid pipe was a major restriction, and with a power adder like the nitrous it might have been holding the numbers back a bit! We will see very soon i'm sure lol
Old 04-13-2014, 01:56 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Sorry mrt but I started the lower install today lol. I figured what the hell. I was too anxious tho and tried using my 3/8 ratchet to break the pulley loose but broke the damn ratchet!!! ARgh!

and yeah ls1tech guys are funny. Since i pulled you a smidge more than last time all of a sudden your setup isn't ideal and holding you back. They think there's no way a simple ported blower cobra could run with your car so now they're throwing out there that everything needs to be setup better. lol
Old 04-13-2014, 03:10 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
Sorry mrt but I started the lower install today lol. I figured what the hell. I was too anxious tho and tried using my 3/8 ratchet to break the pulley loose but broke the damn ratchet!!! ARgh!

and yeah ls1tech guys are funny. Since i pulled you a smidge more than last time all of a sudden your setup isn't ideal and holding you back. They think there's no way a simple ported blower cobra could run with your car so now they're throwing out there that everything needs to be setup better. lol
Which is so stupid, because if you do the math your car should be faster lol. It's total common sense...same weight...same drivers...similar gearing...and you have lets say say anywhere from 20-40 hp and 60-80 tq over me. Even though i'm now a Chevy guy I must say some of those LS1tech guys are absolute morons lol!

Hey I figured you would do the lower pulley man...I just had a feeling lol! Sorry about the ratchet, but don't feel too bad since I cracked my damn winshield opening my hood today, while I had the wiper blades up, cause I was washing and waxing lol

You do know I have to either do a Fast intake or weight reduction now right lol?? Lol let the games begin lol
Old 04-13-2014, 07:27 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Did you end up getting any rain up there today? Here it was a perfect mid 70's all day with no rain as of yet. Weather man sucks lately lol.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:38 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Nice run guys. The last gear shift looks and sounds like the SS could have had the eaton. Those 4.10s are a good gear.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:15 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Greddy, no rain at all here either...stupid *** weather people lol! So did you get the pulley done?

Thanks Pete! I'm sure it's only one of many to come this year lol
Old 04-13-2014, 08:24 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Greddy, no rain at all here either...stupid *** weather people lol! So did you get the pulley done?

Thanks Pete! I'm sure it's only one of many to come this year lol
Nope, It's on hold until I bring home a proper breaker bar. That and I'm waiting on a larger alternator pulley before I can really finish it that I just ordered last night.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:31 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
Nope, It's on hold until I bring home a proper breaker bar. That and I'm waiting on a larger alternator pulley before I can really finish it that I just ordered last night.
Gotcha! So you hoping it will be done within a week or so then? I can't let you do this, and just sit by and do nothing...you know that right haha?
Old 04-13-2014, 08:41 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Gotcha! So you hoping it will be done within a week or so then? I can't let you do this, and just sit by and do nothing...you know that right haha?
Haha I shouldn't have said anything then damnit! But yeah should be back together by this weekend for sure.

Quick Reply: me and mrt