The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

SRT-8 SuperBee vs Gutted Titan and Big Turbo SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Default SRT-8 SuperBee vs Gutted Titan and Big Turbo SRT-4

Hey guys, been away a while. I actually dont have my 2013 Mustang GT anymore, sold it and got a 2013 Focus ST, fully loaded. After my wife gave birth to my baby boy, the 5.0 was just sitting in the driveway not really getting driven. Now, I can load the baby seat in the back and take the family out in the ST.

No where near as much straight line power as my bolt on/tuned 5.0, but its a Hell of a fun car to drive.

So far mods are
-Muffler delete
-Injen Intake
-Freek Tune through Cobb AP3

I've raced a few choice cars and the ST has done pretty well. The biggest thing holding this car back is the Stock FMIC, it heat soaks pretty quickly after just 2 or 3 pulls.

Anyways, made a video for a few of my buds that wanted to see how they stacked up against each other.

Tail of the Tape

Camera Car - 2013 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SuperBee
-LMI Intake
-Corsa Catback
-OST Tuned
-AirRide Suspension

2007 Nissan Titan
-Gutted
-Full Bolt ons
-Stock CAM
-DeerSlayer Tune

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4
-3" Exhaust
-CAMS
-Built Head
-5431 Precision Turbo
-Email Tune

Enjoy.

Last edited by Bokeo; 04-19-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:02 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

SRT4s still putting the beat down on high dollar cars.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:22 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
SRT4s still putting the beat down on high dollar cars.
No kidding. That SRT-4 is his second one and it is in MINT condition. He has really taken good care of it.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:47 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Nice video! Once that turbo got to full power it just shot like a bat out of hell.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Yea that SRT-4 looks damn good. Very clean. I figured once he got hooked up he would cruise on by that 300.

The truck impressed me more than any of them though. He held that 300 off wayyyyy longer than expected. Would love to know just how much weight he dropped to pull that off.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:19 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Yea that SRT-4 looks damn good. Very clean. I figured once he got hooked up he would cruise on by that 300.

The truck impressed me more than any of them though. He held that 300 off wayyyyy longer than expected. Would love to know just how much weight he dropped to pull that off.
agreed. I went in thinking the srt4 would be the fastest and the truck would get destroyed by both. That thing surprised me for sure. I figured the srt8 being a 392 it would do ok against the srt4 and destroy the truck but I was wrong lol. Nice vid op!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Nice video! Once that turbo got to full power it just shot like a bat out of hell.
Yeah, if he put some DR's on that thing it would be pretty quick out of the hole.

The Titan owner told me it weighs 4,100 Lbs now. Although I'm not sure how much they weigh stock. I keep telling him he needs to boost that thing, but he insist on staying N/A for the time being. Mabye its a durability thing?

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
agreed. I went in thinking the srt4 would be the fastest and the truck would get destroyed by both. That thing surprised me for sure. I figured the srt8 being a 392 it would do ok against the srt4 and destroy the truck but I was wrong lol. Nice vid op!
Haha, thanks Greddy.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Well damn, that must be one hell of a powerplant in the Nissan to push a 4100lb brick that hard. I'm still impressed. If he sprays or boost it, he'll embarrass that SRT8 and still probably be one hell of a race for the SRT-4.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:22 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Yea that SRT-4 looks damn good. Very clean. I figured once he got hooked up he would cruise on by that 300. The truck impressed me more than any of them though. He held that 300 off wayyyyy longer than expected. Would love to know just how much weight he dropped to pull that off.
I almost expected that out of the truck one I read that it was gutted. Their gearing and gobs amount of torque available down low get then out of the whole quickly. It's frightening if you're a slow *** pig like my B lol
Old 04-22-2014, 11:32 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Great video, I actually found myself holding my breath at times. It's been a long winter up here lol

Quick Reply: SRT-8 SuperBee vs Gutted Titan and Big Turbo SRT-4