Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Ran a "cam only" camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

<--- has a decently fast 2v
Old 05-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kerns
<--- has a decently fast 2v
Eh..you might be in another category, lol.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:07 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

All this 2v hate I was about to mention kerns and tcstanger's setups would **** off 99.8% of ls1 cars they meet.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:40 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
An LS Fbody with those mods better wipe the floor with an 04 Cobra unless the Cobra has a pulley and all that goos ****.
How many 04 Cobras does anybody here know of that don't have a pulley/bolt ons?

I refuse to engage in the LS vs Mod ford "conversation." Not one of those conversations have ever been argued on a non biased/fair level from EITHER side.

I'll just go ahead and sum it up so we can be done with it.

Ford Homer: BUT BUT BUT LITTLE MOTOR - WAIT FUR MOAR BOOOOST ITS OVER.

Chevy Homer: LOL U FERD BOYZ NEED BLOWERZ N NAWS TO HANG - ALL MOTER BABY WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 05-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Explosive

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
All this 2v hate I was about to mention kerns and tcstanger's setups would **** off 99.8% of ls1 cars they meet.
They don't count lol
Old 05-14-2014, 02:20 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Lol none taken, I just play the 2v pity card once and awhile.
As well you should.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:21 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
How many 04 Cobras does anybody here know of that don't have a pulley/bolt ons?
I've met more than a few guys who have stock 03/04 Cobras. Typically the car show crowd but plenty of them out there. Also fwiw a full bolt on 4th gen with a cam swap is more than capable of hanging with a pulley/bolt on 03/04 Cobra... We know it takes a ported heaton to break 500rwhp (470-480rwhp range with stock blower if I'm not mistaken?) while a few guys have hit 45xrwhp with cam only LS1 cars (a number of 430/440 guys) and their is a weight/aero/heat soak disadvantage against one of them. A majority of the time I would expect the Cobra to come out ahead but to dismiss the LS1 completely is pure ignorance. When you face the reality that 'Cam Only' simply means stock intake/stock heads then sky is the limit... stock internal guys have been in the 10s with the right setup.... there is no guarantee they are stock weight, gear, tire, suspension, etc. "Fair" or not that's just the reality, if I could call a meeting and change it I could try for you.

Originally Posted by Hangwire
I refuse to engage in the LS vs Mod ford "conversation." Not one of those conversations have ever been argued on a non biased/fair level from EITHER side.
That's not true at all both Stone and I are well above that. The reason those discussions get out of control so fast is people form their opinions and refuse to listen to facts... trench warfare is never going to end well.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:16 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Since we are talking about 2v's and 4.6 motors I saw this on car memes fb. I lol'd but it's painful
Attached Thumbnails Ran a &quot;cam only&quot; camaro-image-1587931986.jpg  
Old 05-14-2014, 10:51 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
I've met more than a few guys who have stock 03/04 Cobras. Typically the car show crowd but plenty of them out there. Also fwiw a full bolt on 4th gen with a cam swap is more than capable of hanging with a pulley/bolt on 03/04 Cobra... We know it takes a ported heaton to break 500rwhp (470-480rwhp range with stock blower if I'm not mistaken?) while a few guys have hit 45xrwhp with cam only LS1 cars (a number of 430/440 guys) and their is a weight/aero/heat soak disadvantage against one of them. A majority of the time I would expect the Cobra to come out ahead but to dismiss the LS1 completely is pure ignorance. When you face the reality that 'Cam Only' simply means stock intake/stock heads then sky is the limit... stock internal guys have been in the 10s with the right setup.... there is no guarantee they are stock weight, gear, tire, suspension, etc. "Fair" or not that's just the reality, if I could call a meeting and change it I could try for you.

That's not true at all both Stone and I are well above that. The reason those discussions get out of control so fast is people form their opinions and refuse to listen to facts... trench warfare is never going to end well.
Basically what he said^^ This isn't ls1tech, the few of us LS guys over here don't do the biased thing.

Far as stock pulley Cobras go, I know a couple locally. As for the pulley/tune Cobra vs Cammed LS argument, it can absolutely go either way. Been there, seen it, whatever. I wouldnt read into it too much, usually ends up falling on the driver anyway.

Last edited by Stone629; 05-14-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:53 AM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

damn 2v cars. being slow and what not lol.

Quick Reply: Ran a "cam only" camaro