Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Raced a couple camaro's

Old 05-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Explosive

Default Raced a couple camaro's **update on G8**

First was a lt1 car, made 3 runs, each time i put bus lengths on like it was nothing. No videos or anything sorry, was on the way to gas station for these other runs and just happened upon him.

Other is my buddies 02 SS. As a couple here know was running like poo. Went ahead and did 02 sensors and the MAF and it seems to run better than it ever did. (maf was in backwards and sideways....)

In the past our runs were usually neck and neck or id put a car on him, hed put a car on me ect. These are our first good runs since his new pcm from frost last year. I'm glad we got his car running good but now ive gotta step it up. glad ive got everything at home for the 4.10s and fuel system lol.

Only run not filmed was a high speed roll, it was neck and neck till about 120 and he pulled ever so slightly finally.

As for the night time videos, first was a 30 roll on highway, we both had crappy starts neither car really downshifted. Second was from a dig, the lone headlights behind ended up being a LEO.

I'm going to get my bottle filled, try the itty bitty shot and see the outcome. I'm betting very close with me a fender ahead. Then ill have the gears installed and try motor to motor. Glad he was consistently pulling on me so ill be able to really see what my gears do for me.

Was supposed to run my buddy with the G8 from a dig. Hes going to dyno tune in 2 days and chickened out. He doesnt want to run till his retune....

Last edited by Explosive; 06-01-2014 at 10:55 AM. Reason: fixed embed vid
Old 05-27-2014, 12:59 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Damn bro, you do have some work ahead of you. He walked away pretty badly, but alas, an honorable death. Get to work!
Old 05-27-2014, 05:35 AM
Explosive

Yea, his car has never pulled on me like that before. I guess it liked the new parts lol. Oh well that's what nitrous is for
Old 05-27-2014, 06:57 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Nice death... sounds like its been running like crap for a while. Glad to hear you got it all sorted out. What did it end up being? MAF? or did the O2 sensors make the biggest difference?
Old 05-27-2014, 08:41 AM
MaxxRPM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, he's getting you pretty good now. The 4.10s will definitely help..............Get em in there!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:25 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Well the daytime videos are very nice even if the outcome wasn't for you. A little more sorting out and a little spray should have you sitting pretty.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:01 AM
Explosive

Did the 02s and asked if he wanted to drive it he said no so we did both and it runs good now.

Nitrous rematch could be as soon as tomorrow weather permitting. I'm not worried about the death yet. Nitrous will be my equalizer lol. Wonder how it'll do motor to motor with gears
Old 05-27-2014, 11:41 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Honorable death, great daytime vids. This should be close with your coming mods. Good luck in the rematch.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Explosive

For those unfamiliar with the camaro it's got CAI, long tubes and off-road exhaust, pcm by frost
Old 05-27-2014, 01:10 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

When are your 4.10's going in? You're spraying a 75 shot when you have the car tuned right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raced a couple camaro's