Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Speed Zone > Street/Strip
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.
Sponsored by Roush Performance

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-12-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
Stkjock
Street Strip Sheriff

Vehicle: 2008 Shelby GT500
Default Grabber blue 5.0 wanted a piece

This past Sunday I'm driving home from the AM cruise spot, have the cruise control set at 55 and chilling in 6th gear.

GB 13+ Coyote comes along side, I didn't even look over until I heard him drop some gears, so I look over and he takes off. He slows down and paces me again, honks to get my attention, so I look over. Younger guy, early 20s, and gives me a look like "you want to run"? I ask if he has a blower in the car, wanted to see if it even made sense to drop the go pedal, he says no.....

I tell him my car makes like 800... still wanna go? He says yes. So ok, I'll humor him, I drop to 3rd around 50, so way out of the meaty part of the power band, I give him a sign to go, I'm feeling generous to give him the hit.

He takes off and jumps out a fender before I react.... I slam the pedal to the floor and in about 2 seconds his front bumper is at my rear bumper :naughty: so about 80 or so I let out.

not much of a race, but haven't really had much action in the car of late

You mess with the Mistress you get whipped...
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2006 Mustang GT SOLD - Gone and not forgotten 11.49 @121.45 DA Corrected 11.54 @ 120.92
Stkjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #2
crash
BrandofPoop

Vehicle: 2001 Mustang Bullitt 04557
Michael D Farrington Flightboy101

I know the feeling of not getting much action, although it's different from my situation, 800+ different reasons lol. To make it interesting you should've put it in 5th and see how long it would take to reel him in lol.
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:27 PM   #3
Stkjock
Street Strip Sheriff

Vehicle: 2008 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
I know the feeling of not getting much action, although it's different from my situation, 800+ different reasons lol. To make it interesting you should've put it in 5th and see how long it would take to reel him in lol.
lol - Boosting in 5th no bueno for the clutch

2006 Mustang GT SOLD - Gone and not forgotten 11.49 @121.45 DA Corrected 11.54 @ 120.92
Stkjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #4
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1995 mustang GT
ItsUrFuneral

Sweet. Icant wait to be in the 800hp range.
ENGINE363 fully forged dart engine on the way with more spray!TRANNY C4 with trans brake, 3800 stall, 9in. raceconverter, hurst shifter REAR Moser 35 spline kit with spool, FRPP 3.73 gearsSUSPENION UPR pro street Uppers & lower control arms, Strange 10 way dampers, coilovers up front, BBK sub frame connectors, UPR Tube K-member & A-arms10.57@123.9 (OLD 5.0)
2011 CamaroSS 12.34@110.92
bluebeastsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:28 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement