Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Speed Zone > Street/Strip
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.
Sponsored by Roush Performance

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
bryan67
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ford Mustang gt
Default test and Tune

Come on up to Great lakes Dragaway tonight. Should be some really fast Street cars up there getting ready for the KOTS race tomorrow. Heading up to do some testing myself.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
bryan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
88 orangepeel notch
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1988 notchback

My friend and I have been trying to get down there to settle our ongoing battle for bragging rights for awhile now. This weekend I couldn't because the wife a I joined the end of the Hot Rod Power Tour in the Dells. I've never seen that many cool cars in one place. Any car guy should add this to their Bucket List.

So how'd you do there, any pb ?
306 with all bolt ons, letter cam, ported E7's, T5 swap, full exhaust, 3:55's, 2" drop, and the worst paint you'll ever see or feel.
Dyno'd 300/316, 2745lbs-track scale
Best ET………12.4@108, 1.66 60ft on 8" ET Drags.
24 mpg (combined)
88 orangepeel notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:12 PM   #3
bryan67
2nd Gear Member

there were a Ton of mustangs here Fri. nite. ran a best of 12.69 with just suspension mods 60 fts between a 1.9 and 2.1 later in the night started spinning hard off the line. gonna adj. rear suspension alittle more try again another day. Still on stock tires in the back. did put some front runners up front. launch rpm 1800 tire pressure 24 psi in the rears.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:44 AM   #4
buster
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 grand prix gtp - had to sell the slow stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch View Post
My friend and I have been trying to get down there to settle our ongoing battle for bragging rights for awhile now. This weekend I couldn't because the wife a I joined the end of the Hot Rod Power Tour in the Dells. I've never seen that many cool cars in one place. Any car guy should add this to their Bucket List.

So how'd you do there, any pb ?
I always wanted to do the power tour but just haven't yet. One thing you might want to check out is coming up in the middle of August is in the Detroit area called "the Woodward Dream Cruise". You will never see so many cool cars in one place. Google it, Youtube it, check it out. There will be somewhere around 2 to 3 million people there (no kidding). Best of all for you, I think you are about an 8 hr drive away. It will be worth the drive.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #5
88 orangepeel notch
4th Gear Member

bryan……… impressive #'s, especially on stock rubber, congrats.

buster……… yeah, I've seen the magazine articles and Youtube clips. That does look like something I'd drive for. But after the Power Tour, I have to fix the weak links in my cooling system. It really gets tested during stuff like that lol.
306 with all bolt ons, letter cam, ported E7's, T5 swap, full exhaust, 3:55's, 2" drop, and the worst paint you'll ever see or feel.
24 mpg (combined)
Old 06-18-2014, 05:44 PM   #6
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GTO

Nice ETs Bryan. You still on the stock tune?
373 RWHP/373 RWTQ
12.91@111 MPH 2.1 60'
Stone629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:43 AM   #7
bryan67
2nd Gear Member

yea still stock tune. Gonna start spraying it soon. Hoping to get down to the dyno in next few weeks to set that up.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:38 AM   #8
buster
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 grand prix gtp - had to sell the slow stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch View Post
bryan……… impressive #'s, especially on stock rubber, congrats.

buster……… yeah, I've seen the magazine articles and Youtube clips. That does look like something I'd drive for. But after the Power Tour, I have to fix the weak links in my cooling system. It really gets tested during stuff like that lol.
Yep, you better have a good cooling system. But that is only if you actually cruise. The secret is you go the week before. There are thousands actually cruising then. Park your car and watch or walk Woodward during the actual cruise. It's a lot of fun. And if you can't find your favourite car out there you aren't looking hard enough.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #9
bryan67
2nd Gear Member

well went down to the nmra/nmca superbowl. dealt with the mud and rain. saw some great racing everyday. Ran again in true street. was able to get the car to a pair of 12.02 on the stock tires, using a mild tune and a 75 shot. 60 fts. 1.85's gonna leave it set up like this for rest of year. Gonna let wife start driving it. On a good day may even see 11.90's out of it. traction is the biggest issue. tried a 100 shot on Sunday. got off the line the blew the tires off in 2nd and got sideways in 3rd. So back to the 75 shot til drag radials over the winter.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #10
88 orangepeel notch
4th Gear Member

Great job, those are awesome #'s with those tires, congrats again. Very impressive, 11's are there.
24 mpg (combined)
Old 07-21-2014, 09:46 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement