Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Camaro owners really hate mustangs!

Old 07-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I never understood how anyone can be into one and not the other. Both the Camaro and Mustang are sick, American muscle, imo. I've been back and forth between the two for years now.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:38 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Maybe it's because I have a cobra but I'm never getting anyone that wants to race me other than stupid things like mid 90's full size trucks with more rust than solid metal. I like the powertrain of the camaro's but like said above I could never own a 5th gen just because they're so hard to see out of, it would **** me off. But I do respect them! I cant say I've ever flicked anyone off after losing tho unless it was a buddy and I was just effin around. that's pretty low!
Old 07-06-2014, 09:53 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
I could never own a 5th gen just because they're so hard to see out of, it would **** me off. !
That's exactly what drives me crazy about the car. It's a capable car but your never really sure where your at in a corner. Always seams like your driving a suburban.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:58 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
It's just funny. I own both cars and you Just don't see much Camaro bashing on this forum. Over on camaro5 every other thread is a 5.0 thread. Which usually goes "5.0 are really not that fast" and "oh yea they are ugly as hell". Or just throw a curve in front of them and and watch what happens! But watching the V6 Camaro owner lose his mind had me laughing out loud. If the Camaros want to win a drag race there going to need a diet. V6 all the way up to ZL1! My understanding is the Camaro should lose about 200 pounds when the 2016 model comes out.

Place is disgusting... you should see how they treat 4th gens owners... LOL we apparently can't handle the v6 5th gen in straight-line let alone corners. I bet that was great.... those new V6 Mustangs are damn quick cars... after seeing them run 12s with just a few bolt ons I would say they are extremely underrated and overlooked.

Originally Posted by JC316
Just scroll through the street racing section of LS1tech. Talk about amusing. I'm a car guy in general, every car has it's strengths and weaknesses and not a single one is perfect. Still, rivalries keep the manufacturers on their toes to be the baddest and it keeps sales up, so I guess it's a good thing.
To be fair..... LS1Tech is troll city... depending on the day who knows what I will post up just to see what happens. Over at Camaro5 you are seeing what those people actually believe.

Originally Posted by Stone629
I never understood how anyone can be into one and not the other. Both the Camaro and Mustang are sick, American muscle, imo. I've been back and forth between the two for years now.
You just have a sickness....

That's exactly what drives me crazy about the car. It's a capable car but your never really sure where your at in a corner. Always seams like your driving a suburban.
This...a million times this... the driving experience is ruined with whatever the hell they were trying to do with their retro design.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:58 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

[COLOR="Blue"][B]Over on camaro5 every other thread is a 5.0 thread. Which usually goes "5.0 are really not that fast" and "oh yea they are ugly as hell". Or just throw a curve in front of them and and watch what happens!
Lol really? Maybe they mad because the 5.0 is faster than the 6.2 mod for mod.

The 5th gens are waaaaay too hot wheels toy for me.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z

To be fair..... LS1Tech is troll city... depending on the day who knows what I will post up just to see what happens. Over at Camaro5 you are seeing what those people actually believe.

You just have a sickness....
Thats why I've gotten away from LS1tech. Its funny up to a point, but not in every single fukn thread.

I know. Its truly a disease without a cure. Cars are like beautiful women to me. Its hard as hell to settle down with just one.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:09 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Thats why I've gotten away from LS1tech. Its funny up to a point, but not in every single fukn thread.

I know. Its truly a disease without a cure. Cars are like beautiful women to me. Its hard as hell to settle down with just one.
Hell yea they are. Going from 4 banger to 6.2 liter muscle car. I like em all. Blonde,brunette,or red head.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Hell yea they are. Going from 4 banger to 6.2 liter muscle car. I like em all. Blonde,brunette,or red head.
You miss old Blue much or are you pretty content with the 6.2 and the SN95? I wanted a 1LE SS Camaro before I pulled the trigger on the GTO, but they're so damn pricey I held off.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:55 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

If it wasn't for the accident I'd still have the neon. It was such a mind blowing car for what I had invested in it. The turbo swap made big power and the high end coil overs made it handle like a super car. Motor trend actually compared a stage 3 car to a viper and the neon was faster thru the cones with the stage 3 suspension! 175mph top speed. Trapped 120 in the 1/4. And hung with 911 turbos and corvettes the one time I took it to a road race course. Yea I'd still have it. If I ever hit the lottery. There will be another 2004 electric blue srt4 sitting in my garage right next to my Lamborghini. The 1le is pretty amazing in its own right for the price.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 07-07-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:03 PM
JC316
4th Gear Member

My daily driver list since I turned 15 (Im 28 now).

88 Silverado
95 Cadillac Seville
98 Cadillac Seville
93 300zx
95 Saturn SL2
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
95 F150
92 T-bird SC
04 RX8
93 Formula firebird
70 Cougar
96 Mustang GT
97 Mustang Cobra
02 Mustang GT
98 Formula Firebird.

Thats not including the 89 Iroc, 87 Tbird turbo, 96 Mark VIII, and countless others that I've had access to and driven. I've got that sickness, and I have it BAD. Hell, I'm jonesing for a new car right now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camaro owners really hate mustangs!