Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

13.3@102mph :D

Old 07-29-2014, 12:38 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Honestly, it's a shot in the dark with the lock up. I had to run a Mopar Performance one, which pretty much runs like stock just with a higher STR. Anything else and it just flares up in mid 3rd due to it not locking up. The newer cars are still somewhat locked up in terms of being able to access and tune everything. In the past, (older LX's) I could just throw in a Mopar TCM to command lock up, but since the new ones do not work with those, I actually had to get a new TCM and have it tuned, though lock up is manipulated, it's still not fully accessible which sucks lol

The only way to increase trap speed in these cars is just sheer hp, but I am not going that route with this car It's double duty as daily driver, weekend warrior but more winter duty than anything else. So my girl, my mom or whomever can still be able to drive it and not have to worry about it reacting anything other than stock feeling.

Trust me.. I love the track and all, but only a few months from now, we'll be neck deep in snow, blizzards, car covered in ice and snow.. the track will be a distant memory lol
It may be a heffer but in the winter and AWD, it sure is welcome!
Old 07-29-2014, 05:58 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
12.8s is still pretty quick for a street car. You wont win many roll races with that set-up but you don't have to be afraid to line up on the Mustangs & Camaros at the strip.
Fact!

Stealth that is moving out well considering the weight and it has AWD. You know there is a reason a converter is often listed as the first mod one should get for an automatic car.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:29 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Ditto.. it really only took a 3500 stall in my 09 to hit 12.8s@104mph, but that one was only 4289.. it gained like almost 300lbs. lol
Old 07-29-2014, 11:41 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Also kinda sucks about the new rule about street tires racing on the outer edge of the track. I have an electronic shift kit that boosts up shift pressures and I have it maxed out on the auto-stick mode and I can't even use it! With the uneven surface and open diff, it just spins the outer tire, the inner one tries to hook and the PCM cuts out power and kick in the ESC/TC.. Gonna have to run on an actual test and tune night when I am allowed to run down the center, unfortunately, track is not prepped on those days so not gonna be any PB's.. sucks, eh? lol
Old 07-29-2014, 11:44 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

That is pretty bizarre........I would imagine they have had more than a few complaints
Old 07-29-2014, 11:55 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Been going there nine years.. never had a problem until now. I actually like running specifically on competition days to run on prepped tracks. Now it's like Pffft!
*Makes a loud fart sound with a thumbs down*

Still makes no sense because the one side that does make contact with the track still ends up burning rubber and taking off the VHT anyways so what's the big deal? better not mention that because then they'll require drag radials or makes us run next to the dang guard rail.. WTF, eh?

I heard a new SS almost hit the walls because of it, and I seen a new 302 also spin out. Uneven surfaces make for shietty dangerous launches. A dude with a 392 Challenger/6 speed can't break out of the 13's if his life depended on it.. 13.3-13.4's all day..
Old 07-29-2014, 01:05 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Name:  IMG_2458.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  128.9 KB
The Tank in all it's glory.. it looks like a giant sedan.. because it is lol

Name:  IMG_2457-1.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2455-2.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  92.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2474.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  93.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2459.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  88.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2462.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  71.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2471.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  76.2 KB
Old 07-29-2014, 01:49 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaxxRPM
That's awesome!........A car that heavy running low 13s....Congrats!

Love that body style Charger.........From what I've seen of the 2015s, definitely keep yours...........
http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/futur...cat-spy-photos

It's actually not that bad ..

even the lowly RT will finally get the much needed 8 Speed auto's.. should be an easy high 12 second car with a tune

No AWD for the RT though, which is a big let down..
Old 07-29-2014, 02:00 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Been going there nine years.. never had a problem until now. I actually like running specifically on competition days to run on prepped tracks. Now it's like Pffft!
*Makes a loud fart sound with a thumbs down*

Still makes no sense because the one side that does make contact with the track still ends up burning rubber and taking off the VHT anyways so what's the big deal? better not mention that because then they'll require drag radials or makes us run next to the dang guard rail.. WTF, eh?

I heard a new SS almost hit the walls because of it, and I seen a new 302 also spin out. Uneven surfaces make for shietty dangerous launches. A dude with a 392 Challenger/6 speed can't break out of the 13's if his life depended on it.. 13.3-13.4's all day..
iirc the 392 6 speed cars are normally trapped in the 13s... the record was only a 12.7 if memory serves.

Edit: Just noticed the mountains in your picture...whats the DA?? Something tells me your car is quicker than those times are letting on (if you were at my elevation that is).
Old 07-29-2014, 02:23 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I am unsure of the DA actually, but it's quite a ways out of the city

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 13.3@102mph :D