Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

13.3@102mph :D

Old 07-27-2014, 10:52 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default 13.3@102mph :D

Couldn't help it... I swapped the stock torque converter for a Mopar Performance Torque Converter this weekend

Name:  133100mph.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  40.2 KB

Name:  133101mph.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  47.7 KB

Name:  133102.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  44.3 KB

Not bad at all.. I couldn't run down the center prepped track because of "street tires" so I was forced to run on the outer most edge, one tire on prepped track, the other one on pavement! New rule.. it sucks but it is what it is. One wheel spins, the other one hooks. Gotta get drag radials soon!

new consistent 60 ft.s= 1.9
new best runs: 13.3@102mph
new consistent heat soaked runs: 13.5@100mph

old best 60 fts.= 2.0
old best runs: 13.7@100mph
Heat soaked runs: 14.2/14.3@98mph

4456lbs. soaking wet. No power adder, just pure beef lol
Old 07-28-2014, 01:47 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Congrats on new best and getting that tank down the track that quickly.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:54 AM
MaxxRPM
1st Gear Member

That's awesome!........A car that heavy running low 13s....Congrats!

Love that body style Charger.........From what I've seen of the 2015s, definitely keep yours...........
Old 07-28-2014, 04:11 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Congrats on new best and getting that tank down the track that quickly.
Thanks

Considering that I had one wheel wonder launches on all the runs, I did pretty good! The traction/electronic stability control kicked in (despite being turned off) on all runs & because of it, it killed some power off the line. On the streets and equal traction, it launches so much harder than any of my other AWD's with much greater stalls (3200,3500). It actually feels more like a 13.1/13.2 car.

Gonna be very conservative on this one.. long tube headers, high flow cats, an upgraded valve body and I am done modding it. Should get me right at 12.9's or maybe 12.8's if I am able to get some drag radials.

Originally Posted by MaxxRPM
That's awesome!........A car that heavy running low 13s....Congrats!

Love that body style Charger.........From what I've seen of the 2015s, definitely keep yours...........
It definelty is a hefty beast lol I ran a completely stock one and put bus lengths on his stock 14.3 runs funny thing is, I was the annoyed one running those same numbers a few weeks ago!

This converter is pretty impressive. I dropped 0.4 off my old best (13.3 vs 13.7) but dropped a whopping 0.8 off my heat soaked/back to back runs (13.5 vs 14.3)

Considering the Mopar Performance torque converter really is just a stock SRT-8 Jeep torque converter makes it even more impressive lol..
it was $330..

I don't mind the new 2015's really, just needs more aggressive accents (hood scoop, side skirts and a swooping spoiler) but I agree, it's lost it's hard edged look and gone soft..
Old 07-28-2014, 09:18 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Thanks

Considering that I had one wheel wonder launches on all the runs, I did pretty good! The traction/electronic stability control kicked in (despite being turned off) on all runs & because of it, it killed some power off the line. On the streets and equal traction, it launches so much harder than any of my other AWD's with much greater stalls (3200,3500). It actually feels more like a 13.1/13.2 car.

Gonna be very conservative on this one.. long tube headers, high flow cats, an upgraded valve body and I am done modding it. Should get me right at 12.9's or maybe 12.8's if I am able to get some drag radials.
12.8s is still pretty quick for a street car. You wont win many roll races with that set-up but you don't have to be afraid to line up on the Mustangs & Camaros at the strip.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:47 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Congrats, that IS impressive for a heavy car. Are their any tricks for cheap weight reduction ? Or is it. "Just the way it is" lol.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:51 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
12.8s is still pretty quick for a street car. You wont win many roll races with that set-up but you don't have to be afraid to line up on the Mustangs & Camaros at the strip.
lol yeah.. screw roll races, the weight is real apparent then

It's a heffer, but it luckily the torque and AWD makes up for it! I learned a few tricks from truck guys. You know those guys... show up to the track in a 7000lb. super crew and run's low 13's high 12's! WTF, eh? lol

It's actually trickier to launch than I expected and this converter is very aggressive. I ended up red lighting it but just a nick on many runs, and racing against a few STi's and Evo's a few tenths quicker in my times I would put straight bus lengths on them and they never made up ground.. I bet I got them scratching their heads lol

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Congrats, that IS impressive for a heavy car. Are their any tricks for cheap weight reduction ? Or is it. "Just the way it is" lol.
Thanks . Yeah, I thought about weight reduction but I actually prefer running exactly how I'd run it on the streets. No special tunes, no special gas, no special tires. Full weight, interior, down to the psi per tire. I also like comparing cool runs vs heat soaked runs to simulate a race on the street, light to light. I get it down to 12.8 area heat soaked, then I know I'd be able to still keep that consistency on the street to surprise some cars. Just for a fun heads up run.. nothing too crazy.. not gonna line up against any Skylines or anything rofl

I also like NA vs supercharged. My 09 supercharged anywhere from 12.1 to 12.8, I hated that. When NA, it ran 12.8's all day long.. consistent. Full long tube headers and high flow cats, it would have been 12.5's consistent. I really would have preferred that over a car that was all over the charts.

I noticed that a lot of guys that look like they have a lot of money, old and young, can't drive for squat.. nice car, nice watch, they think launching is a 4k clutch drop and tire smoke.. that's when I wave goodbye and leave them in the dust!
Old 07-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Nice work and good decision on getting that converter! Best first mod imo. Looks like that car is getting off the line pretty good. Should **** off quite a few around town, lol
Old 07-28-2014, 08:25 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

thanks most favorite thing to do is launching from a stop light!

Best bang for the buck!
Old 07-28-2014, 08:30 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Wonder what you can do to get that trap speed up a few mph? I know locking the stall around 80 mph (depending on individual car) will pick up a few mph, but it creates a lot of trans heat in the process so you may or may not want to do that. I did, but I did it knowing the trans wasn't going to live forever anyway, lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 13.3@102mph :D