Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

13.3@102mph :D

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 09:59 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

You can look it up at dragtimes....
http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-...calculator.php

I don't know the track name/date/time or I could have pulled it up for you.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:10 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

lol a whopping 363 DA and 75 ft. above sea level..

13.2@102mph

I'll take a tenth off lol
Old 07-31-2014, 03:50 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Is it possible to beat cars a few tenths quicker than me car length wise at the track if I get a better reaction time? From my understanding, the timers don't start running until the car actually starts moving ie; I leave right at the big Green Go light. The other car has a delayed response and leaves after the Green Go light. I get the jump but run 13.3 but he runs a 13.0, despite different ET's and reaction times, wouldn't I still be ahead in terms of car lengths physically?

I ran a few Sti's and Evo's and on the runs I had much better reaction times and put 5-6 car lengths on them and they never reeled me in. To my surprise they ran 13.0/13.1 on some runs vs my 13.3/13.5's. I also ran a Challenger with 3.92 gears and slicks, also with a better reaction time and put car lengths on him, vs his 13.2 ET.

If I can practice launching in Auto-stick with the electronic shift kit (shift pressures set to maximum in Auto-stick; set to half in Drive which I raced in due to traction issues) and upgrade the valve body to a racing set up like my 09 RT, I bet I could beat most similar ET cars by getting them at the light with the reaction times alone.. just a thought. It's actually much trickier to launch this one due to the much more aggressive stall vs my other stalls I have had. If I can get it to leave HARD right as the Go light comes on, I just might be on to something...
Old 07-31-2014, 12:29 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
lol a whopping 363 DA and 75 ft. above sea level..

13.2@102mph

I'll take a tenth off lol
Wow I would have lost that bet...lol thats nice!
Old 08-06-2014, 01:17 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Cool stealth. I legally like that track. Awesome view. When u take off from the get go do u mash the brake pedal all the way down. I've been trying to figure out the best way to
Launch mine off the line. And I guess I press my brake pedal down to where I think it should hold and it does but then I start creeping forward. Pisces me off. I don't get to the track often so I haven't worked out a good way yet that's why I'm wondering
Old 08-06-2014, 01:53 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Cool stealth. I legally like that track. Awesome view. When u take off from the get go do u mash the brake pedal all the way down. I've been trying to figure out the best way to
Launch mine off the line. And I guess I press my brake pedal down to where I think it should hold and it does but then I start creeping forward. Pisces me off. I don't get to the track often so I haven't worked out a good way yet that's why I'm wondering
Thanks man

I like my track as well. Sea level, -DA, zero humidity

I am actually still learning how to launch my car. Despite AWD, its still RWD bias (32/68 split) so it'll still spin the rears pretty aggressively with this stall.

I just hold the brakes hard and flash the torque converter. I don't floor it when I flash it, I only do so when I feel it has enough grip. If I just nail it and floor it, it pulls too much timing and feels slower actually lol. Takes a lot more practice than I thought... I kept red lighting at the tree as it launches more quicker and harder than I anticipate it to.

Hope this helps..

what are your plans for your ride?? seems like it has a lot more left in her judging by the trap speed (11.4@114mph). My 09 Charger RT AWD supercharged trapped around 112/113mph with only 5 psi but that was at 12.1/12.3ish..
Old 08-07-2014, 12:09 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Thanks man

I like my track as well. Sea level, -DA, zero humidity

I am actually still learning how to launch my car. Despite AWD, its still RWD bias (32/68 split) so it'll still spin the rears pretty aggressively with this stall.

I just hold the brakes hard and flash the torque converter. I don't floor it when I flash it, I only do so when I feel it has enough grip. If I just nail it and floor it, it pulls too much timing and feels slower actually lol. Takes a lot more practice than I thought... I kept red lighting at the tree as it launches more quicker and harder than I anticipate it to.

Hope this helps..

what are your plans for your ride?? seems like it has a lot more left in her judging by the trap speed (11.4@114mph). My 09 Charger RT AWD supercharged trapped around 112/113mph with only 5 psi but that was at 12.1/12.3ish..

Yea crap I haven't updated my new times in my sig. But 11.2 is my best time. At 123 for my trap. I was still messing with my tire pressure. I haven't been back since then. Which sucks. I had brenspeed install the goodies into my block. I upgraded my injectors to the ID 1000s plus they put in billet gears for the oil pump. Increase the boost. She's a beast

Last edited by outceltj; 08-07-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:53 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

That's bad *** man I still remember back in the days when you first got the converter.. ahhhhhh, the good ol' days! Sometimes I still wish I had my old S197 back..
Old 08-07-2014, 06:17 AM
Explosive

Congrats on the new times out of the pig! That'd be a good race for my buddies g8.

And stop with all the converter talk you're killing me over here
Old 08-07-2014, 01:14 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
Congrats on the new times out of the pig! That'd be a good race for my buddies g8.

And stop with all the converter talk you're killing me over here
Thanks

I am trying to get an upgraded valve body and maybe a 85mm throttle body to try and drop another tenth or so this year. It did on my 09, should be the same with my '13

The converter really was a last ditch effort. I didn't expect it to perform so well actually being such a modest stall (2800/3000). I am still amazed by it!

Are you planning on one as well??

Last edited by stealth_GT; 08-07-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Quick Reply: 13.3@102mph :D