Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

05 Stang GT vs HEMI RAM 1500

Old 08-10-2014, 09:59 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Last week I took a mini road trip out of town.. two lane highway, I see this big rig coming towards me.. must have downshifted or something because as he passed me a giant puff of black smoke shot right into my driver window!
I guess you know what I mean. I actually like a hot rodded truck but drive them like human beings. Also you can de-tune them so they don't kill mosquitoes at every stop light. I race and this is annoying as all hell.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:21 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Nice kill..

I beat the crap out of one (new 1500) last week at the track.. his 16.5 vs my 13.3

I even slaughtered a '13 Charger (stock), his 14.3 vs my 13.5..

They had no idea WTF was going on with my ride lol
Thanks, although it was all in good fun.

And your AWD! I bet you pull out so far from a dig that they can't close the gap even if they wanted to.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:48 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by buster
I guess you know what I mean. I actually like a hot rodded truck but drive them like human beings. Also you can de-tune them so they don't kill mosquitoes at every stop light. I race and this is annoying as all hell.
Just seen a big ol' Cummin's the other day zooming in and out of traffic puffing black clouds of smoke all over the place.. him and this big old (ugly) Tahoe were racing... in traffic no less WTF, eh? lol

Originally Posted by TheDutchTexan
Thanks, although it was all in good fun.

And your AWD! I bet you pull out so far from a dig that they can't close the gap even if they wanted to.
Ditto.. it's always fun running 392 Challenger's (stick shift) on the street, most of those guys just drop clutch and sit and spin... I just take off hard!
Old 08-13-2014, 05:42 PM
04goat
1st Gear Member

It's called rolling coal! The truck gets beside a car and gasses it. all that smoke fills up the car. Most are not that fast tho. Some are.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:51 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

So there is a name for being an a--hole behind the wheel of a poorly tuned pickup. These morons are so common that they are considering a law. And if they keep it up, there will probably be emissions tests and then they can really be sorry.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:17 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Ditto.. it's always fun running 392 Challenger's (stick shift) on the street, most of those guys just drop clutch and sit and spin... I just take off hard!
Yup, you heard me spin like a ****. I did a 0-100 run one time... I spun off the line something fierce that time too. Need suspension + tire to get that fixed. (and drivermod).

Originally Posted by buster
So there is a name for being an a--hole behind the wheel of a poorly tuned pickup. These morons are so common that they are considering a law. And if they keep it up, there will probably be emissions tests and then they can really be sorry.
Only if it's a Diesel. On top of that it's a switch, so it won't show up during regular emissions testing. That and I think most trucks are exempt from it due to the fact they are trucks.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:56 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

Yup, you heard me spin like a ****. I did a 0-100 run one time... I spun off the line something fierce that time too. Need suspension + tire to get that fixed. (and drivermod).

Only if it's a Diesel. On top of that it's a switch, so it won't show up during regular emissions testing. That and I think most trucks are exempt from it due to the fact they are trucks.
lllllllllllllllllll
Old 08-19-2014, 04:30 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Honestly, AWD launches are fun but I still prefer RWD with a lot of hp to the wheels like my 08 supercharged Mustang GT. Sure, it's fun to point and shoot (AWD) but it's also fun taming a bull (RWD + street tires!) and reeling them in on the top end! The 08 was the most fun I ever had in a car, even though it was scary at launch and I had to really get on and off the throttle.. it was worth the rush!
Old 09-23-2014, 03:57 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

Yer lucky you have a track near you. I guess the one in Calgary closed a few years back. Now the nearest track is like 3 hrs away in Edmonton. I stopped by there a few weeks ago. Called Castrol Park or something like that. Dirt track, road course (they were running some crotch rockets when I was there), and drags all on one property. Nice facility.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:09 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

There is one in Medicine Hat and they are apparently building one in Rimbey

I miss the track here, there were always a lot of cool cars out on street nights