Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Yet another ls1 losing to my cobra :D

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Yeah that's a good point! The difference in dyno numbers and real world racing just blows me away lol
Dyno numbers are loaded with so many variables it's not even funny. Weight, gear, tq curve, etc. Those 9" rears are some heavy ***** compared to a 10 bolt though. One man an lift a 10 bolt and literally throw it lol. If u can do that with a 9" you're one tough sombich.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:58 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Dyno numbers are loaded with so many variables it's not even funny. Weight, gear, tq curve, etc. Those 9" rears are some heavy ***** compared to a 10 bolt though. One man an lift a 10 bolt and literally throw it lol. If u can do that with a 9" you're one tough sombich.
Exactly! I'm actually starting to lean towards the tune at this point. It's been brought to my attention that some tuners tune a car in a way that it will respond differently on the street verses the dyno. Not sure how true that is, but it's worth looking into. Mine was on a mustang dyno, so there may be something in the tuning process that changes between real world racing and dyno racing. I'm calling my tuner on Monday and see what he has to say
Old 08-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Exactly! I'm actually starting to lean towards the tune at this point. It's been brought to my attention that some tuners tune a car in a way that it will respond differently on the street verses the dyno. Not sure how true that is, but it's worth looking into. Mine was on a mustang dyno, so there may be something in the tuning process that changes between real world racing and dyno racing. I'm calling my tuner on Monday and see what he has to say
I've never had any direct experience with a Mustang Dyno, but they are supposed to be closer to "real world" resistances. They definitely read a good bit lower than a Dyno Jet. From my understanding, its a LOT lower reading dyno which would explain a lot.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:39 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
I've never had any direct experience with a Mustang Dyno, but they are supposed to be closer to "real world" resistances. They definitely read a good bit lower than a Dyno Jet. From my understanding, its a LOT lower reading dyno which would explain a lot.
Right but what I'm saying is that the way the car is tuned might be responsible for the low numbers on any dyno. Mine dynoed 420 on that mustang dyno, and that was before the motor was broke in and before I added the merge pipe to my exhaust. So the dynojet numbers are significantly lower...even after all this lol
Old 08-17-2014, 04:55 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Right but what I'm saying is that the way the car is tuned might be responsible for the low numbers on any dyno. Mine dynoed 420 on that mustang dyno, and that was before the motor was broke in and before I added the merge pipe to my exhaust. So the dynojet numbers are significantly lower...even after all this lol
That's the weirdest thing. Seems like every time you go on a dyno it makes ~10whp less. But yet still runs just as strong as it did since day 1. lol
Old 08-17-2014, 05:04 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
That's the weirdest thing. Seems like every time you go on a dyno it makes ~10whp less. But yet still runs just as strong as it did since day 1. lol
Actually it runs better than it did from the start when you think about it lol. Remember our first few races when I got the new motor and how much closer they were since the motor broke in and the merge pipe addition
Old 08-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Ohhh, damn. I'm with you now! That is very strange. I mean long as its running better thats the important thing, but that is odd to say the least.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:40 PM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

Good job! Hopefully my cars tuned Wednesday and I can have some end of the season fun.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:25 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TCStangerv6
Good job! Hopefully my cars tuned Wednesday and I can have some end of the season fun.
Dont you even say that madness.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:03 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TCStangerv6
Originally Posted by ctgreddy
Dont you even say that madness.
Poor fellas..need to bring yourselves to NC.

Quick Reply: Yet another ls1 losing to my cobra :D