Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Yet another ls1 losing to my cobra :D

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 10:10 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default Yet another ls1 losing to my cobra :D

The title's just to poke fun, but it is the truth in this case!

Ran my coworker today, for those who didn't see the racers bench thread, he has an '02 ss m6, trex cam with stock heads and a fast 90 intake/tb, longtubes with open cutout and 9" with 4.11's. My car has the mods in the sig. Mine made 501/501 whp/tq and his made 421whp(forget the torque) and they were ran on the same dyno, but different days.

We did 2 45ish rolls, both in 2nd gear. First race he tapped the limiter on one of his shifts so I pulled about 3 solid cars on him. Second race was clean from both of us, he pulled a little thru 2nd, I pulled back ahead by a half car or so by the end of third, then by the end of 4th I had probably about 2 solid cars on him. Was some good runs. His car being stock heads it ran better than I expected, it's also full weight plus the 9".

Here's vids, I had the damn camera pointed the wrong way as we were expecting it to be a bit tighter, but it always seems that when I point the camera forward I always win so sometimes I do that on purpose haha. Enjoy...

Old 08-16-2014, 11:38 PM
Explosive

Nice kills! Was he really expecting to pull on a car with a 80 horse advantage?
Old 08-16-2014, 11:56 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Nice work Greddy! Maybe now he'll stop talking about how fast his car is!

Seriously though, his car is pretty damn quick for what he has done.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:08 AM
Explosive

Yea I expected immediate pull. Someone needs to learn you the gap camera setup lol
Old 08-17-2014, 02:22 AM
MaxxRPM
1st Gear Member

Dam nice job Greddy!......

...........With all the 4.6 bashing we hear, it's always nice to see your car doing work.......

I don't think this guy would do to well against your buddy with the red SS either.....
Old 08-17-2014, 05:35 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaxxRPM
Dam nice job Greddy!......

...........With all the 4.6 bashing we hear, it's always nice to see your car doing work.......

I don't think this guy would do to well against your buddy with the red SS either.....
Yeah I think Rod would pull on him almost as well as I did. The weirdest part is that this coworker put his car on our dyno saturday morning and made 421, Rod put his on a couple hours later and only made 396, but Rod's is a much better race with my car lol.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:03 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Nice job Colin! This race looks exactly how it should IMO! Looking at the vid, I'm sure I'd pull him as well, but not quite as well as you did As far as dyno numbers go...I'm even more baffled now, but your race with this guy really helps to confirm that my car runs like it "actually should for the mods it has" vs the horrible dyno numbers that it puts out lol! One other thing as well...that guy who dynoed my car was trying to say that my heads might be the reason for the dyno number. But the weird thing is your buddy has a bigger cam than me, better intake, and is around 100 lbs lighter than me...only thing I have over him is heads..obviously they are doing their job lol

Last edited by mrtstang; 08-17-2014 at 06:17 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:45 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Nice job Colin! This race looks exactly how it should IMO! Looking at the vid, I'm sure I'd pull him as well, but not quite as well as you did As far as dyno numbers go...I'm even more baffled now, but your race with this guy really helps to confirm that my car runs like it "actually should for the mods it has" vs the horrible dyno numbers that it puts out lol! One other thing as well...that guy who dynoed my car was trying to say that my heads might be the reason for the dyno number. But the weird thing is your buddy has a bigger cam than me, better intake, and is around 100 lbs lighter than me...only thing I have over him is heads..obviously they are doing their job lol
You two are probably really close in weight. You've got an iron block and a nitrous kit but he has stock everything even down to the spare tire, and I'm sure the 9" added a good bit of weight.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:09 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
You two are probably really close in weight. You've got an iron block and a nitrous kit but he has stock everything even down to the spare tire, and I'm sure the 9" added a good bit of weight.
Yeah that's a good point! The difference in dyno numbers and real world racing just blows me away lol
Old 08-17-2014, 02:39 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Well done! That's a damn big difference in power. Did he give you SAE or STD? Either way you yanked him hard... Good kill!

Quick Reply: Yet another ls1 losing to my cobra :D