Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

so much for breaking my new gear in

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 08:35 PM
Explosive

Default so much for breaking my new gear in

Well I'm out putting more miles on the 4.10, still hadn't gone WOT. Come across this other loud mustang ahead of me. Get closer it's a sn95 cobra with a body kit. Not my thing, but it was super clean paint looked awesome and it sounded just like my car. So I'm behind him, on a certain two lane road. I got 140 miles since I left the dyno so I'm deciding what I wanna do. When he gets over a lane and drops a gear so I'm like eff it. When I heard him go down a gear I stood on it, I was a half car back.

It was the most obnoxious yet peaceful thing ever, we sounded so similar it wasn't like I was racing another car. Just soft breaks in th exhaust when he was shifting. Buuuut I reeled him in and when my car shifted I pulled ahead steadily put a car on him and lifted. I approve.

Side note as I sit in my car in a parking this crazy chicks trying to embarrass her friend by telling her to come over here and blow me. Lol all class

Last edited by Explosive; 08-23-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:06 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I've never done more than a couple heat cycles for gear break in. Honestly, if it isn't making noise within the first 100 miles, it isn't going to. If its whining from the start....yea

Goo run man! Hows she feel? (the car, not the bj girl)
Old 08-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Explosive

Judging by the brand new explorer and grand caravan the BJer sisters were driving I just figured they were out of control soccer moms who got a sitter for the pups lol.

Car feels good, I tried one 30 roll but it didn't seem to like it. That used to be the sweet spot. 40 roll seemed solid for sure. Might try to rematch the g8 this weekend if I can
Old 08-22-2014, 10:10 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Yeah no big point in breaking in a gear. Like stone said just one good heat cycle is all you really need. Sounds like a good race tho! too bad you weren't loaded for spray you coulda really embarassed him haha.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:31 AM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

Nice kill! CT literally put the gears in my car took it down the road and back and I'm pretty sure I did a burn out in front of his house when I left lol. That was my break in lol.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:56 AM
Explosive

Haha, everything you find on gear break in deems to be like engines, some people follow ridiculous procedures. Others do nothing at all.

Last edited by Explosive; 08-23-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:29 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Nice kill

Funny story about them girls trying to blow you lol
Old 08-24-2014, 09:43 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I'm with these guys on the break - in. You'll be fine! Were these your typical redneck girls from Howell? Too many of them around there lol
Old 08-24-2014, 09:50 AM
Explosive

Haha I hear you on that mrt. These were in south Lyon, check out my new thread lol I said screw it they're broke in enough

https://mustangforums.com/forum/stre...se-mexico.html

Last edited by Explosive; 08-24-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:12 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Yeah not sure if South Lyon is much better lol. When I got my 3.90's installed at MRT (gee wonder if that has something to do with my username lol) Scott Hoag took me out (in my car) and showed me how to power shift and rev match...that's how we broke in mine lol

Quick Reply: so much for breaking my new gear in