Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Chase is race:Rav4 v6?!

Old 10-16-2014, 08:18 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Dude.. I just got dusted by a Rav4! Kinda sorta.. we both lined up at a light after I seen him zipping through traffic. I gave him the benefit out the doubt and let him get the jump. My mistake! He took off like a bat outta hell!

I launched it with him already in the lead and oddly enough, I didn't even pull or reel him in! I let off at 60 with him already pulling and about a three car lead.. what the hell is in those things?!

I posted up on my other forum and I guess their V6 is nearly 300hp and AWD.. 3500 lbs.

Damn.. just damn!

That lil sucker looked quick!
and I was embarrassed by losing to a diesel pickup
Old 10-16-2014, 10:29 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Funny you say that because I just raced a modded 3500 5.9 Cummins earlier today. He kept me off pretty good from a 1st gear roll til about 60mph and then I put about 5-6 cars on him easily. From a DIG, he actually jumped me by nearly a car and we were neck and neck til about 60mph where I started to pull again by many many cars.

He's upgrading to a big turbo this weekend, should be a clean run. It's a stick, 4x4, big wheels and a canopy (!). Kept up real good initially. I am suspecting turbo lag may be an issue with the bigger turbo but we'll see. It moved on out real good off the line though!
Old 10-18-2014, 07:49 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by buster
and I was embarrassed by losing to a diesel pickup
Hey, this dude ran a mid 11 on me and this truck looked like it should have been checking some railroad tracks. That funny noise you heard as I went down the track was my jaw hitting the floor....lol
Old 10-19-2014, 02:02 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I just ran my buddy with a new turbo in his 3500 Cummin's. Bigger hot side, canned tune.. lag like a **** off the line but the top end was better. I got him off the line a few times on some poorly timed DIG runs but still runs none the less. Last run.. BAM! Truck busts a U-joint on the front driveshaft! Doh!! Should run pretty good once it's all tuned and a new front driveshaft...
Old 10-19-2014, 05:40 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

My neighbors son in law bought a Silverado diesel and changed out the pipes and got 135 more hp, yesterday I got baited by a Dodge diesel that ran pretty good itself. I let it go.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:11 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Those Diesels actually can run pretty good for weighing friggin' 7-8k lbs.! You might have your hands full depending on your mods vs his.

My buddy thought he was gonna pull on me because of the bigger turbo but the hot side was so big it lagged so much more than stock it wasn't as great off the line for him. He said he was starting to reel me in but I was already hitting triple digits and with the truck 5-6 cars behind me so I shut it down. I think he's delusional honestly lol. Injectors and a custom tune, that sucker is gonna rip though.. not sure by how much. It's a 3500 crew cab, mudders and a canopy. Stick shift.