Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Chase is race:Rav4 v6?!

Old 10-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

AWD TBSS.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:12 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/99-4...converter.html

friggin' gear heads.. If there is a will there is a way lol

The fact that the V6 has been in that car since 2006 blows me away. I have never even heard of those things and I do a lot of reading up on cars!
That could be because barely anyone with those things drives them hard..I mean just leaving from a light hard. I don't think that many of the Toyota owners go WOT at all.

Plus the n/a turd 4 cylinders dominate that small SUV market so the six cylinder versions are not as popular. Toyota dropped the 6 cylinder for the new bodystyle and I'm not sure if they will bring it back.

I know Chevy had the Equinox SS and Ford had the 240hp V6 Escape with the 6 speed auto, and Subaru with the Forrester XT (turbo 250 hp 4 sp auto or CVT I think) so there are a few other examples but generally speaking, just not that common.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:41 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
AWD TBSS.
lol they also bare the SS badges and LS V8's.. they're gonna be quick.

Your typical Rav4 looks nothing like it'll be even remotely fast.
Same reason I gave him the benefit of the doubt and let him gun it first!

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
That could be because barely anyone with those things drives them hard..I mean just leaving from a light hard. I don't think that many of the Toyota owners go WOT at all.

Plus the n/a turd 4 cylinders dominate that small SUV market so the six cylinder versions are not as popular. Toyota dropped the 6 cylinder for the new bodystyle and I'm not sure if they will bring it back.

I know Chevy had the Equinox SS and Ford had the 240hp V6 Escape with the 6 speed auto, and Subaru with the Forrester XT (turbo 250 hp 4 sp auto or CVT I think) so there are a few other examples but generally speaking, just not that common.
I hear the V6's weren't all that popular in the Rav4's.. go figure. You give them a moderate size/weight chassis, AWD and the power of a Sixxer and it does not sell (??)

Same fate for the AWD Charger's.. the Hemi AWD's weren't selling so they dropped it in AWD form and kept the V-6's. Strange how things work out.

I suppose most normal folks don't see a need for sheer power/acceleration on a daily basis..
Old 10-12-2014, 07:45 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

I think Dodge still makes an AWD Hemi Charger though. I went and fiddled around with building a Charger on their website and the AWD Hemi is still an option. Do you mean the 2015's?
Old 10-12-2014, 08:11 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Sadly, they dropped the AWD for the 2015 Hemi's but you can still get them with the 3.6/8 speed auto. Still 4000lbs. or so, but with a high strung 300hp motor and way better gearing than the old 5 speed. It's high 14's quick. I like the styling of my car better than the new '15's though which look like an inbreed of the Durango/Dart/Charger if it had a big orgy and shat out the new '15 Charger

I love mine because it's a monster in the snow/weekly blizzards up here and feels like a friggin' tank with it's sheer weight. AWD and 420lbs./ft. of torque is always fun too. Low-mid 13's is nothing to write home about nowadays, but being nearly 5k lbs. of big *** seats, four fat doors, a mammoth hood/trunk and a 345ci under the hood.. it's not too shabby.

It's a big burly sedan can't argue with that lol. Kind of like your big buff/fat friend that shows up to the party late, loud and already drunk... like "okay, I am here.. this is me".
Old 10-12-2014, 09:24 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

An accurate review..

I originally wanted it just for the AWD and V8 but I became a pretty big fan of these cars. I really wasn't expecting much to be honest back in 2011 coming from my modded 08 S197 but I am very pleased with the performance for how ridiculously big and heavy this porker is. I have quite a few mods to the transmission right now and it's night and day from stock. Got rid of the MDS (Multi-cylinder Deactivation System) and some other goodies..
Old 10-13-2014, 07:19 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Stealth, why don't you become a spokesman for Dodge or start selling them?
Old 10-13-2014, 10:16 AM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

Chase is a race is dumb...
Old 10-13-2014, 11:56 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Stealth, why don't you become a spokesman for Dodge or start selling them?
I actually just left a Dodge dealership as a tech. Thought I was gonna be doing some cool stuff but ended up working on mini van's, old *** Stratus's and Neons lol

Originally Posted by TCStangerv6
Chase is a race is dumb...
Yeah, should have just lined up against him and went from a DIG!
Old 10-16-2014, 08:15 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
I think Id shoot myself.
lolololololol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chase is race:Rav4 v6?!