Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

is it racing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 06:10 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Your high 14 second car vs. a low 14 second car. Get over it! You would have lost to a V6 Camaro if you had the ***** to race. If it really was an SS which I doubt, you'd have gotten curb stomped badly! Your stock fox might feel fast to you but in the real world......It's just cute and hasn't been fast to anyone since the mid 90s.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 11-23-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:34 PM
84CopperGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Your high 14 second car vs. a low 14 second car. Get over it! You would have lost to a V6 Camaro if you had the ***** to race. If it really was an SS which I doubt, you'd have gotten curb stomped! Your stock fox might feel fast to you but in the real world......It's just cute and hasn't been fast to anyone since the mid 90s.
it doesnt feel fast at all. it's a damn pig. And I also know the difference between the sound of a v8 and a v6.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:47 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

What difference does it make? You afraid to race either one and either one would have beat you. It's Just a matter of getting beat by a lot or by a whole lot more!
Old 11-24-2014, 12:57 AM
84CopperGT
2nd Gear Member

What difference does it make? You afraid to race either one and either one would have beat you. It's Just a matter of getting beat by a lot or by a whole lot more!
Why so much hate? I know an SS will win if it runs long enough to finish a race. Anyone who thinks a nearly stock 5.0 automatic vert is fast has watched way too much Fast and Furious.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:46 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

No hate but like I said in post 19. I always find it ironic when someone makes a statement like "one more piece of crap off the road" when said piece of crap is worth 7 times as much as the car you drive! Will out accelerate, out break and out handle what you drive! And look better doing it. And if your going to pretend you were talking about the driver and not the car. Your in the wrong section to be preaching about street racing. This forum doesn't have a no street racing policy. And everyone that frequents this section freely admits to a friendly highway roll or stop light race from time to time. So let's be perfectly clear. Are you talking about a much nicer car than yours or are you calling people that street race a piece of crap? .
Old 11-24-2014, 12:08 PM
84CopperGT
2nd Gear Member

No hate but like I said in post 19. I always find it ironic when someone makes a statement like "one more piece of crap off the road" when said piece of crap is worth 7 times as much as the car you drive! Will out accelerate, out break and out handle what you drive! And look better doing it. And if your going to pretend you were talking about the driver and not the car. Your in the wrong section to be preaching about street racing. This forum doesn't have a no street racing policy. And everyone that frequents this section freely admits to a friendly highway roll or stop light race from time to time. So let's be perfectly clear. Are you talking about a much nicer car than yours or are you calling people that street race a piece of crap? .
When something breaks on a new car causing an accident that car was obviously a piece of crap. I think you are arguing just to argue. When you still have the dealer plates and stuff is breaking causing a wreck there is obviously an issue with quality.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:01 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Did you also happen to see a unicorn run out in front of the Camaro? No wonder Camaro drivers hate mustangs when they log on to this forum and read nonsense like this. As a Camaro SS owner im saying your story reeks of BS! You just happen to be the one guy in a million that has this exact series of events happen to him? I know it's your story and your sticking to it. Here is the Camaro5 equivalent of your story, link below! Same bull**** story, This car forum urban legend gets told on every forum every other month by a hater of the other sides competition!!!! , I'm done with this.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383827 :

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 11-24-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:01 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Not everyone street races. I'm a professional driver and I think I would really look like a loser getting caught street racing a 17 sec Honda.

PS. 90% of the stories told on here are part of a creative writing course. Half of those should start with "It was a dark and stormy night......"

Last edited by buster; 12-12-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:43 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by buster
Not everyone street races. I'm a professional driver and I think I would really look like a loser getting caught street racing a 17 sec Honda.

PS. 90% of the stories told on here are part of a creative writing course. Half of those should start with "It was a dark and stormy night......"
It's always the guys driving the crap cars that start their stories ......it was a dark stormy night! I don't give a **** where you do your racing. Just don't tell a bold face lie! I don't put up with it over on camaro5 when all the chevy fan boys are crapping all over Mustangs. And I'm not cutting any slack here to some kid driving a relic from the 80s either! Do you really thing a brand new Camaro just falls apart right in front of your eyes while your being the mature grown up that doesn't street race???. If yes I have a nice bridge I'd like to sell you. Like I said I own a Camaro SS and the story is stupid and insulting. This is what I've always liked about this section of the forum. It's ok to call bullsh!t. It's in the sticky ATTENTION: READ BEFORE POSTING! Check it out.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 12-12-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:06 AM
84CopperGT
2nd Gear Member

I think it was Hotrod Magazine that actually did an article on the new Camaros and it was literally about what will break when driving the car hard. It is a very long list.

Just the rear end issues. And notice these are near stock power levels. How about that reliability?

Rear suspension flex (450 hp): IPS reports toe-arm failures as low as 25 to 50 hp over stock. Pfadt has stiffeners; BMR offers adjustable units. Excessive wheelhop can damage the rear trailing arms, contributing to differential problems (Pfadt and LPE have upgrades). Hotchkis sells a Chassis Max Brace to control unwanted suspension movement.

Rear subframe flex (475 hp): The stock subframe bushings allow excess cradle movement, causing lost power and bad traction. Replace with solid or polyurethane bushings for better rear-cradle durability and improved handling. Pfadt is one source.

Gears fail (500-plus horsepower): Only a three-series Posi carrier is available, so the pinion gets really small as gear ratio increases. Tire type and driving style influence longevity big time.

Halfshafts break (wheelhop, 500 to 600 hp): The more severe the wheelhop, the sooner the drive axles break. The stock computer calibration limits axlehop, but that also limits performance. Knowing when to back off the throttle is the cheap fix, followed by lighter-weight wheels and tires (because they have less inertia), and ultimately stouter aftermarket axles.

Posi problems (various): Jannetty says the stock Posi is weak: "It's prone to one-legger burnouts; the breakaway torque is way too low." Its Posi mods include upgraded clutch packs and a different preload spring. With a tuned Posi and revised internal gear preload, clearances, and patterns, the stock rear can take up to 750 hp, but 650 hp is more realistic for daily driving.

Driveshaft issues (over 5,000 rpm): Most report that the stock two-piece driveshaft is surprisingly robust. LPE's 9-second Camaro uses a shortened, stock, two-piece 'shaft, but with an improved center support to prevent the middle slider from twisting and binding. However, The Driveshaft Shop maintains that "anything with a slider is unstable over 5,000-rpm driveshaft speed." Its solutions range from a stouter two-piece unit with a CV joint or a one-piece aluminum or carbon-fiber 'shaft.

Quick Reply: is it racing?