Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

15 ecoboost mustang times/numbers!

Old 11-16-2014, 03:44 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Just curious of what a bolt on 5.0 compares to an Ecoboost
Old 11-28-2014, 02:53 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

That's incredible!
Old 12-01-2014, 09:10 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Just curious of what a bolt on 5.0 compares to an Ecoboost
Sorry I'm bringing this up from being left along for 2 weeks, but figured I'd mention this. On the day I had the car running bottom 12's one of the runs I ran a 13-14 5.0 car that atleast had an exhaust, and beat him from start to finish. I didn't see him stop my pull at all so I'd guess on an auto 5.0 you'd atleast need a tune/cai/tires and a decent gear to run with a tune/tire ecoboost. Which is absolutely crazy.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
Sorry I'm bringing this up from being left along for 2 weeks, but figured I'd mention this. On the day I had the car running bottom 12's one of the runs I ran a 13-14 5.0 car that atleast had an exhaust, and beat him from start to finish. I didn't see him stop my pull at all so I'd guess on an auto 5.0 you'd atleast need a tune/cai/tires and a decent gear to run with a tune/tire ecoboost. Which is absolutely crazy.
You gotta stop talking man, you're practically selling me one and don't even know it, lol. Wondering now how far off a turbo swapped ECO will be from your Cobra.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:36 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

I watched the OP video again...its cool seeing the car squat before the launch at about :57.

Surprised that the stock automatic still runs that fast and can launch that hard. Do you guys think the manual would be faster?
Old 12-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I noticed that squat too. Looks like it's about to pounce. I'm thinking that having a little ore weight in the rear with the IRS and less up front with that light engine, has gotta be making it an easy car to 60'. Doubt the manual will be nearly as simple.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:15 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

I doubt the manual car would be anywhere near the auto when tuned. Mainly because its a turbo car so you cant get the turbo going before you leave and lose boost at shifts. I'm not sure about the turbo upgrades stone, but I think track wise it wont take much mroe for the eco to be very competitive against my cars best times to date. My car's not very set up for the track tho, being a 6speed car and not the best wheel/tire it's hard to really match them up. especially since my car would eat the thing up on the street from any roll.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
I doubt the manual car would be anywhere near the auto when tuned. Mainly because its a turbo car so you cant get the turbo going before you leave and lose boost at shifts. I'm not sure about the turbo upgrades stone, but I think track wise it wont take much mroe for the eco to be very competitive against my cars best times to date. My car's not very set up for the track tho, being a 6speed car and not the best wheel/tire it's hard to really match them up. especially since my car would eat the thing up on the street from any roll.
Yea I don't see it hanging with you from a roll anytime soon. Regarding a bigger turbo on the Eco, I'd be hesitant to swap turbos until I saw some solid track improvements from a test car. Just thinking about any negative effects of narrowing/pushing up the tq curve and how it might lag vs blow the tires off, less time in each gear, etc.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:45 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Have you guys done any runs with stock tires and the tune? Some of the guys around here at work weren't so impressed when they saw that slicks were added to the equation.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:40 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Tell the buddies at work that the tires don't do anything for trap speed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 15 ecoboost mustang times/numbers!