Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

396 Chevelle Vs G8 Vs Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 06:44 AM
Explosive

Default 396 Chevelle Vs G8 Vs Mach 1

So this is it for the year. Didn't get the dig I wanted with the G8 to see how the 4.10s helped since nobody would hook. My go pro messed up on the Chevelle race and took pics..... But he got some video. Supposedly stock 396 which he sprays the living hell out of but is on motor in this run. G8 spun wayyy bad hes on bald 245 street tires and temps where in the 30's at best last night. I was chasing behind and had to let out I blew the tires off so bad on the 1-2 shift. So I settled to run the G8 from a roll, which is hard as hell to get him to slow down to where you want. The run where I'm on the far right was a bad speed to start as my car wouldn't downshift. The in car camera gives you a good idea of that as I often say I lost a race or did horrible because it wouldn't downshift.

Come spring when my nitrous is all set ( pray to god....) and I have a converter I'll be out for a piece of the chevelle if I can get him to honestly spray a smaller shot (100 is what I'm after)

Old 11-08-2014, 08:45 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I don't think that's a stock 396. I had an El Camaino with that motor and it didn't pull late model cars. And that was back in the 80s when late model cars sucked.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Explosive

Hes a snake when it comes to running and i agree i dont think its stock. He plays the blown up stock 396 because of how bad it smokes on deaccel. But for the amount of spraying it takes and he wont let me see the motor something is up his sleeve. Granted the g8 spun way bad.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

That Chevelle is quick, def not stock or hurting at all. Smoking on decel is something a lot of cars do. My H/C SS did it, just blow by I think.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:48 PM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
Hes a snake when it comes to running and i agree i dont think its stock. He plays the blown up stock 396 because of how bad it smokes on deaccel. But for the amount of spraying it takes and he wont let me see the motor something is up his sleeve. Granted the g8 spun way bad.
"its just a worn out 396" on 2 stages lol.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:34 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

I have never understood arsewipes like that...............ya think I'm not going to run you because I got a peek under your hood??
Old 11-10-2014, 09:30 AM
Explosive

Have you ran him yet TC ? He claims stock but obviously at the very least has a cam, so naturally I'm sure it also has an intake and I'd be willing to be money heads or headwork.

Like I said I want to run him next year but I doubt I'll be able to get him to be honest with the spray.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Explosive

First video there is my buddies G8 just after he got it haha sad.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:19 AM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

Have you ran him yet TC ? He claims stock but obviously at the very least has a cam, so naturally I'm sure it also has an intake and I'd be willing to be money heads or headwork.

2014 race recap - YouTube

Like I said I want to run him next year but I doubt I'll be able to get him to be honest with the spray.
No I haven't, I want to though. He does play the worn out motor card a lot lol. I know the motors not stock, but I don't know whats done to it.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:04 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TCStangerv6
No I haven't, I want to though. He does play the worn out motor card a lot lol. I know the motors not stock, but I don't know whats done to it.
I don't think it matters. You could see him out 10 lenths and still run him down.

Quick Reply: 396 Chevelle Vs G8 Vs Mach 1