Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Cobalt SS vs 2015 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 12:26 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I don't know what happened. Everybody bought a Camaro and joined Camaro5. A lot of the guys that used to post in here are there now. Grabber, 72mach, etc. They still own Mustangs but there is plenty of fan boys over there to rile up also. We might have been to hard on the fan boys in this section. lol.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:00 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

The 3 Bs always seem to work

*****, blondes, and bikinis...............OK, so maybe I spend too much time in OT
Old 02-17-2015, 01:20 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Well damn, guess I'll join the crowd and register over there too.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

What I saw/see is that for a while there, the moderator of this forum was dropping the hammer on things that were really gray area.

I recall one instance where a member posted a vid of his friends race at a drag strip and it went down something along the lines that if it wasn't his car he was racing, he shouldn't be posting it in the forum.

I'll see if I can find it but that's one that sticks out in my mind as the mod(s) being overly policey and driving people out. There have been a couple of other instances where things were posted and the mod(s) were just sniping at the OP so, I can see why this section has gone down hill, over policing or just plain subjective policing.

Last edited by Derf00; 02-17-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:55 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
What is up with that anyway? I know all the old-heads didn't get lose interest in racing. Is there anything we can do to get this place going again? Used to be post after post in here with plenty of off-the-wall posts to laugh at.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 04-18-2015, 02:46 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Interesting what a tuned/bolt on 5.0 can do compared to a bone stock one..

"Red tail" on the SS is kinda neat lol
Old 04-18-2015, 02:54 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by buster
I just think roll racing is stupid...is that so wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

And it's not racing, like I said you can put a top fuel engine in a stock mustang and roll race from 250 mph. Is that racing? I hope you guys say it's not. Roll racing is for cars that can't put the power to the ground, plain and simple. If you go to a track and race with timing lights etc from a standing start, there is a bit of challenge to that.
I also HATE roll racing. Back in my SRT-4 days, all I did were roll races since form a DIG it sucked with street tires.

RWD and my Mustang, DIG races still sucked so I did more roll races ( especially with the 4.10's and 10 psi off a Vortech V3.

Fast forward to the last few years and all I have done since were DIG races, everything from my 12.0 supercharged 09 RT AWD to my '13 RT AWD with a 3000 stall and modded trans. May not win all races to 100 in my '13, but from 0-80 on the streets it's a solid performer

Most of the time, guys in Vette's and 392's, 5.0's etc. just drop the hammer and their tires go up in smoke anyways from a stop light lol
Old 04-26-2015, 06:44 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
What I saw/see is that for a while there, the moderator of this forum was dropping the hammer on things that were really gray area.

I recall one instance where a member posted a vid of his friends race at a drag strip and it went down something along the lines that if it wasn't his car he was racing, he shouldn't be posting it in the forum.

I'll see if I can find it but that's one that sticks out in my mind as the mod(s) being overly policey and driving people out. There have been a couple of other instances where things were posted and the mod(s) were just sniping at the OP so, I can see why this section has gone down hill, over policing or just plain subjective policing.
I agree and remember the exact circumstance I believe. Was the vid of an EVO?
Old 04-27-2015, 09:01 AM
Explosive

Ugh, everyday i have to talk myself out of getting a tune for the Focus ST..... I still prefer dig races but i will roll if its spur of the moment. With the amount of suspension work i have I do well from digs and i expect it stay that way even with spray. I get not everybody has a spot like this though,

Name:  660spot_zpsxh2qbix6.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  140.3 KB

Name:  1320spot_zpsf4coeasy.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  120.0 KB

On a side note, that was a brutal beatdown from the cobalt.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:45 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Oddly enough, in Anchorage there are a few places like that around town but in the industrial area and some other spots... not as deserted though oddly enough..

Quick Reply: Cobalt SS vs 2015 Mustang GT