Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Cobalt SS vs 2015 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 06:14 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
I'm 37, but don't feel so bad now seeing as some of you are old enough to be my pops, lol I was talking to a friend yesterday (was buying his Z28 actually) and he was telling me how he was going to settle down and buy an Equinox. Said he's hoping the "speed thing" will fade. I told him I doubted it would. I've been blowing money on cars/mods for probably 15 years now, and as I get older nothing has changed other than wanting more power than the last project! Age doesn't cure the modding bug.
47 here and the trailblazer is a step back. Atleast its an SS. There is a guy I know out here who has a SRT Cherokee that has a charger on it and runs between 6-700 hp. It's got me thinking.....lol. Problem is the nearest track is in Edmonton 2 hours away
Old 05-08-2015, 12:42 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I tried giving up racing back in 2011 when I sold my beloved 2008 Mustang GT, Vortech supercharged, headers, cut outs, 4.10's etc. etc. I even re-tuned to 10 psi, 90 octane plus TORCO and made roughly 500whp the night before I sold it ( de-modded of course) and went to town racing as much as I could. I thought it would be enough... I was wrong, and it was the worst mistake I ever made when it came to me, racing and being true to myself .

I found myself in an LS1 after considering many others ( 5.0; too expensive, 392; too heavy, 4 banger turbo's; nah) and it was the most honest choice I have ever made.

They just don't make them like they used to; It's small, it sits low, it's aerodynamic, it's light, basic push rod V8, and TORQUE. Exotics are like that but they're friggin' ridiculously priced!

What I learned through out these years? In the Mustang I was a damn idiot.. anywhere, anytime, I'd race.. it didn't matter. I didn't respect the car, and most of all. I didn't respect speed.

With the LS1, being older, I know better lol
Old 05-08-2015, 11:12 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

CONVERTED^^^ Welcome to the dark side, sir.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:49 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

CONVERTED^^^ Welcome to the dark side, sir.
lol pretty much

In my other cars, I always felt like I had a chip on my shoulder and had something to prove ( SRT-4 Neon, 08 Mustang GT, all three Chargers ) since they're not known to be fast.

The Z28? I just cruise, I know it's fast.. people just assume it's fast so it saves me from trouble lol
Old 08-05-2015, 12:16 AM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

Bringing up an old(er) thread here. I've posted in this section a few times (quite a few years ago, back when BB had his SRT4). I moved on to a 5cyl turbo. Liked it so much I ended up selling the mustang. It was painful, especially for my 5 year old (now 6). I'll go back to a Mustang, or Challenger/Charger, or SOMETHING within the next year or so, I just wanted to start over fresh.

Just logged in to see how things were going. Had my eyes on a 3v Vortech and wanted to see what they were running power wise / 1/4 mile and came a crossed this thread. Glad to see some of you are still around.

Anywho, hope to be back soon!
Old 08-05-2015, 07:56 AM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Darkcrime
Bringing up an old(er) thread here. I've posted in this section a few times (quite a few years ago, back when BB had his SRT4). I moved on to a 5cyl turbo. Liked it so much I ended up selling the mustang. It was painful, especially for my 5 year old (now 6). I'll go back to a Mustang, or Challenger/Charger, or SOMETHING within the next year or so, I just wanted to start over fresh.

Just logged in to see how things were going. Had my eyes on a 3v Vortech and wanted to see what they were running power wise / 1/4 mile and came a crossed this thread. Glad to see some of you are still around.

Anywho, hope to be back soon!

I'm in the same boat. I plan on getting into a 5.0 in a month or so, and when I have something to contribute I'll be back in here to make some posts. I do lurk already, but there isn't much for me to say at this point so I let the big boys do the talking.

edit: Stone, I'll be moving to Spartanburg, SC or the surrounding area next year. Are you anywhere nearby?
Old 08-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Roush, I'm about 3.5-4 hours east of Spartanburg. I'm in the Raleigh, area. Definitely not too terribly far away if you ever wanted to meet up at a track or car meet sometime. I drive up that way to Asheville and all the way down to Columbia a lot, but thats work related unfortunately. Are you looking at a 14 or 16 5.0?

Darkcrime, I remember you man. Glad you're still around, been a while!
Old 08-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Roush, I'm about 3.5-4 hours east of Spartanburg. I'm in the Raleigh, area. Definitely not too terribly far away if you ever wanted to meet up at a track or car meet sometime. I drive up that way to Asheville and all the way down to Columbia a lot, but thats work related unfortunately. Are you looking at a 14 or 16 5.0?

Darkcrime, I remember you man. Glad you're still around, been a while!
I actually bought a certified pre-owned 2014 GT/CS Friday. I haven't made a picture thread yet, but I will sometime soon. The previous owner put Shelby badges on the side (?????) and upbadging is the biggest peeve of mine, so I am in the middle of getting that resolved with the dealer. I am probably going to have them find some 'Powered by Ford' badges or something similar and use them to cover the holes left by mounting the badges, rather than pay $700 to have them filled and the side fenders and doors repainted.

The car has 17,000 miles on it and I got it for a little less than I would have paid for a base 2015 GT. I'm definitely happy with it, beats the hell out of the Cruze I have been driving for 3 years! Yeah, we will definitely have to meet up sometime once I'm in the area!
Old 08-15-2015, 09:14 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

LOL that's funny
Old 08-16-2015, 09:46 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

I may buy a truck soon, need the "hauling" capability. Good to see some people back in the forum.

Quick Reply: Cobalt SS vs 2015 Mustang GT