Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

13.0@104mph :D.. kinda lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 10:15 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Thanks for the info Stealth, I'll check into those.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:20 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I'd be more wary of the transmissions and t-cases

Enjoy!!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:23 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

NHTSA Vehicle Safety Recalls

Recall Number: 09E012000Recall Date: 04/07/2009
Problem Summary: SABERSPORT IS RECALLING 16,270 COMBINATION CORNER AND BUMPER LAMP ASSEMBLIES OF VARIOUS PART NUMBERS SOLD FOR USE AS AFTERMARKET EQUIPMENT FOR VARIOUS PASSENGER VEHICLES. THESE HEADLAMPS FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 108, "LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT." THESE LAMPS DO NOT CONTAIN THE REQUIRED AMBER SIDE REFLECTORS.

Consequence: DECREASED LIGHTING VISIBILITY MAY RESULT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.

What Owners Should Do: SABERSPORT WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND OFFER A FULL REFUND FOR THE NONCOMPLIANT COMBINATION LAMPS. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING APRIL 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT SABERSPORT AT 1-909-598-7589.

Recall Number: 07V092000Recall Date: 03/09/2007
Problem Summary: ON SOME SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, UNDER CERTAIN OPERATING CONDITIONS, AN INTEGRATED CIRCUIT IN THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER THAT CONTROLS INTERIOR LIGHTING MAY OVERHEAT.

Consequence: THIS COULD POTENTIALLY CAUSE AN INSTRUMENT PANEL FIRE.

What Owners Should Do: DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE CLUSTER FOR DAMAGE AND REPLACE IT FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON APRIL 2, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-140.

Recall Number: 04V578000Recall Date: 12/08/2004
Problem Summary: ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES BUILT WITH A 5.7L, 4.7L, OR 3.7L ENGINE, THE POSITIVE BATTERY CABLE MAY CONTACT THE FRONT SUSPENSION UPPER CONTROL ARM MOUNTING BRACKET.

Consequence: THIS CONTACT COULD ABRADE THE CABLE AND CAUSE A SHORT CIRCUIT, WHICH MAY RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE.

What Owners Should Do: DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE BATTERY CABLE AND, IF NECESSARY, REPOSITION IT AWAY FROM THE CONTROL ARM MOUNTING BRACKET. THE RECALL BEGAN DECEMBER 14, 2004. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

Recall Number: 04V020000Recall Date: 01/14/2004
Problem Summary: ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 3.7L AND 4.7L ENGINES, THE THROTTLE CONTROL CABLE MAY INGEST WATER AND FREEZE DURING EXTENDED COLD TEMPERATURE.

Consequence: THIS COULD CAUSE THE THROTTLE TO STICK IN THE OPEN POSITION AND RESULT IN A CRASH.

What Owners Should Do: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE THROTTLE CONTROL CABLE. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN ON JANUARY 19, 2004. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

Recall Number: 03V528000Recall Date: 12/12/2003
Problem Summary: ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AN INSTRUMENT CLUSTER CIRCUIT BOARD CAPACITOR MAY OVERHEAT.

Consequence: THIS COULD POTENTIALLY RESULT IN AN INSTRUMENT PANEL FIRE.

What Owners Should Do: DEALERS WILL REMOVE THE CAPACITOR FROM THE CIRCUIT BOARD. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN ON DECEMBER 17, 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-992-1997.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:46 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

lol, I know every vehicle has it's problems, but I found a forum on Edmonds.com with a thread that's 17 pages of people throwing rods out the block for no apparent reason. Most under 100k and records showing correct dealer maintenance since day one. And most are only the 04 Durango. Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and a couple prayers thrown in for good measure.

This is the nicest vehicle I've ever owned and the family loves it, but just dreading that call from the wife if it does go as she drives it everyday. Oh well, well cross that bridge when we come to it.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:06 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Not a Durango, but my 04 4x4 Hemi truck has 137k on it and the only thing I have done is brakes, oil, and tires......it's been bullet proof
Old 03-04-2015, 08:33 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Yeah, exactly what they we're talking about in that thread. All the trucks seemed fine, just the 04 and a handful of 05's Durango's. Some people blamed the smaller grill contributing to less air flow for cooling, to the constant awd putting more stress on the motor. Who knows, but I was surprised at the thickness of the connecting rods. One guy took detailed pics during and after tear down, and I was shocked to see how thin they are.

Again, sorry for the off topic discussion, I'm sure your motors fine stealth. lol
Old 03-04-2015, 09:42 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
lol, I know every vehicle has it's problems, but I found a forum on Edmonds.com with a thread that's 17 pages of people throwing rods out the block for no apparent reason. Most under 100k and records showing correct dealer maintenance since day one. And most are only the 04 Durango. Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and a couple prayers thrown in for good measure.

This is the nicest vehicle I've ever owned and the family loves it, but just dreading that call from the wife if it does go as she drives it everyday. Oh well, well cross that bridge when we come to it.
That sucks.. I also heard of that issue but not aware of the cause of it all..

Originally Posted by okbfd
Not a Durango, but my 04 4x4 Hemi truck has 137k on it and the only thing I have done is brakes, oil, and tires......it's been bullet proof
I am a big fan of the trucks and Durango's. Big fan!

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Yeah, exactly what they we're talking about in that thread. All the trucks seemed fine, just the 04 and a handful of 05's Durango's. Some people blamed the smaller grill contributing to less air flow for cooling, to the constant awd putting more stress on the motor. Who knows, but I was surprised at the thickness of the connecting rods. One guy took detailed pics during and after tear down, and I was shocked to see how thin they are.

Again, sorry for the off topic discussion, I'm sure your motors fine stealth. lol

No worries.. the problems with the older gens are no longer with the newer Eagle Hemi's ( great motor's BTW, just in heavy *** cars lol)

I love the Charger but sometimes I want an older Durango ( 01-02) for the winter and get something that's fun to drive in the summer. Fun as in "stick shift" and RWD lol

I can get my car into the mid 12's no problem, heck, even 11's and the launch is pretty amazing. I just miss driving a stick and having to tame the bull off the line so to speak lol.. I work at a shop and every now and then, one with a stick pulls through. Even with 125hp, those little suckers move on out with a proper trans..
Old 03-08-2015, 12:56 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

With all due respect haven't you crossed this road like three times in the past???^^^^
Old 03-08-2015, 04:10 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Different consequences and different times back then. With my 2012, there were ZERO tuning options for the new Dodge's. So I traded it in for a much better 09, modded it, supercharged it, was not happy ( god awful UGLY interior, much smaller inside, taller ride) so I went back to a newer '13, this time modding was in full swing since Diablo had cracked the PCM. This car drives, rides and behaves much better than my stock '12 and about as fast as my 09 with just a 3500 stall running high 12's. It just flat out feels like a totally different car and I have no gripes about it at all.

I feel like I am getting older (35) and I am starting to want cars I have always dreamed of having ( Corvette, 392, 5.0 ) etc. and having it be a summer only car. I have a solid career ( mechanic ) and want something fun to drive. It does not have to be the fastest car in the world, just something I can get into, row through the gears and enjoy the nice rumble while cruising in the sunshine.. fvck.. I do sound old don't I? lol
Old 03-31-2015, 01:24 PM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

I drive a 2008 Hemi Ram as my daily and have never had any problems. It's an 08 with about 85k miles on it. But a coworker of mine has an 06 ram hemi and an 06 charger hemi and BOTH have dropped a valve guide and ruined a cylinder. get this, both were the same cylinder! He says he thinks it has something to do with the MDS system.. mine has mds also ... fingers crossed nothing like that happens to me!

Quick Reply: 13.0@104mph :D.. kinda lol