Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

12.1@114.78

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 05:52 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

It's great you have a buddy to race, I want someone to run thru the "Twisty's with myself. Your right about having more money in our elder years. 56 here, and am installing Koni sports & cc plates Thursday to help my addiction!
Old 12-01-2015, 09:56 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Damn man you guys cut almost the exact same reaction time...that pass must have looked neck and neck with you out ahead by a fender or so.

Kind of interesting that at the 1/8th, you were about 1.5 mph faster but at the quarter only .36 faster. Does he maybe have a smaller wheel/tire setup, or did he remove the spare/jack or some sh*t for minor weight reduction? Or does the converter suck more power at speed?
Old 12-01-2015, 02:34 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Damn man you guys cut almost the exact same reaction time...that pass must have looked neck and neck with you out ahead by a fender or so.

Kind of interesting that at the 1/8th, you were about 1.5 mph faster but at the quarter only .36 faster. Does he maybe have a smaller wheel/tire setup, or did he remove the spare/jack or some sh*t for minor weight reduction? Or does the converter suck more power at speed?
His car is a base and my car is a premium. He removes stuff like wiper fluid and floor mats. I just race the thing exactly the way it came from the factory as far as weight. My tires are 26 inch in diameter. His are 27. His car has always had a little more top end pull for some reason. Maybe he got lucky with the tune? But I've seen his car trap 117 with just tune/intake on a night with great DA where my car struggled to hit 115. On this run I got out about 3 cars and just held that distance because of the sixty. He's a real good drag racer so we spend a lot of time looking out the window at each other. The cars are always neck and neck.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:08 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
He's a real good drag racer so we spend a lot of time looking out the window at each other. The cars are always neck and neck.
That's awesome, sounds like my friends Buick GN and my car. Who ever 60's better takes it. And it's the ultimate way to tune a car in my opinion.