Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

NEW YEAR> NEW GOALS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 10:58 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Drag radials and not able to quite get into boost before the rpm's (automatic) start to push me through the beams; stock converter will get me to about 2,100 so boost starts and I am at full boost once into the 60'. Also have Koni Yellows and trying to determine the best setting on them - and the drag radial pressure.
Rear shocks full tight, front full loose, don't know what DR'S you have but start at 20 and go down. Probably end up around 16-18psi.

A 2 step might get you into boost. So look into that. Also, your tune can have a great affect on your 60'.

With an auto you can get a different converter and change things quite a bit.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:28 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by Simon1
Rear shocks full tight, front full loose, don't know what DR'S you have but start at 20 and go down. Probably end up around 16-18psi.

A 2 step might get you into boost. So look into that. Also, your tune can have a great affect on your 60'.

With an auto you can get a different converter and change things quite a bit.
That is how I have had them set up. Someone else suggested backing off the rears a little to let the weight shift a little more on launch.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:06 AM
Explosive

Goals,

Hell if i can drive the car I'll be happy. I want to reassemble and get it tuned for the converter. Might not even bother with n02 this year. I'd like to see some solid 12.xx passes on motor. Ideally mid 12's. The converter has woken the car up a ton so im hoping its what i've needed all along.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:32 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Drag radials and not able to quite get into boost before the rpm's (automatic) start to push me through the beams; stock converter will get me to about 2,100 so boost starts and I am at full boost once into the 60'. Also have Koni Yellows and trying to determine the best setting on them - and the drag radial pressure.
Converter would be huge. You could launch @ 3000 with a nice Circle D or yank. That would help get you into boost. If all else fails go to a transbrake.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:37 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
I only went to the track once and ran a 14.03 when my car was full bolt on. Now at my current numbers I'm hoping to hit low 11s or very high 10s. I'm doing a couple upgrades on losing some weight (starting with my self, lol).
With that centri you should be good for high 10s.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:30 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

That is how I have had them set up. Someone else suggested backing off the rears a little to let the weight shift a little more on launch.
If you really want to help your launch get a converter and gears.

Just have to decide what you want to do. If you drive your car everyday you might not get too radical. A good converter won't effect the drivability much. 4.10 gears won't either. The combo may, but the gears are relatively a cheap of you can find a good shop.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:37 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by Simon1
If you really want to help your launch get a converter and gears.

Just have to decide what you want to do. If you drive your car everyday you might not get too radical. A good converter won't effect the drivability much. 4.10 gears won't either. The combo may, but the gears are relatively a cheap of you can find a good shop.
I already have 3.55's in it. With the 2013 transmission gearing, and the turbo, 4.10's aren't worth going with. The stock 2.73 gears were good for MPG, but took forever to get the car up to speed!

A converter or trans brake may be the way to go.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:32 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

The 36-3800 stall Converter we put in the 15 is fantastic. When you want to get off the line it does work. When you want to set the cruise control at 65. Your turning the same RPMs you normally would.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:46 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

1. Go to the track more
2. Get into the 11s
3. Figure out how to launch with these 4.10s

4. Probably get a set of DRs
5. Thinking about pulley and tune, so will definitely need the DRs

Purchases may take a while......I decided on guns instead of mods at the end of last year
Old 01-06-2016, 08:53 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

LOL, the guns are a much better financial investment.

My goals, hmmmm, run a new PB, not break anything, try to understand my 18 yr old daughters thought process, and run the Hot Rod Power Tour again this year.

I think I can do 3 of those.....