Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

NEW YEAR> NEW GOALS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 04:45 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

LOL.....you tell me Blue 305s in which one?

I know this has been discussed a ton, but........roll through water box.....clutch dump 2nd gear with these 4.10s and get on brake?

Last edited by okbfd; 01-19-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:38 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by okbfd
LOL.....you tell me Blue 305s in which one?

I know this has been discussed a ton, but........roll through water box.....clutch dump 2nd gear with these 4.10s and get on brake?
I've always preferred M/Ts. But I read an article recently that tested them on a big power Camaro and they aren't any difference.
So I'll be trying the NT05Rs. They sell a set on Ebay for $521. The burnout you described sounds good to me. Might have to ride out the clutch a little on the launch with the 4.10s.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/whe...g-radial-test/
Old 01-19-2016, 07:37 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
If i decide to totally ditch nitrous for a while i may start piecing some turbo stuff together. I reeeeally want some boost, but with how nicely we did the wiring i cant see myself tearing it back out so i'll prob leave my solenoids in the bay at least until i have a motor that would take a little spray on top of the boost.
Have you tested it since rewiring? She ought to be pretty stout on nitrous, but I completely understand why you'd want to get away from it for a turbo.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:54 AM
Explosive

Originally Posted by Stone629
Have you tested it since rewiring? She ought to be pretty stout on nitrous, but I completely understand why you'd want to get away from it for a turbo.
The wiring has been good since the get go, everything has its own wiring panel is done quite nicely. Issue was pump stock pump maxed out, went back and found it was puddling, so i bought a plate and havent gotten that on yet, then did the converter but still havent retuned. Been doing nothing but working on the car the last few years and got burnt out pretty hard. I took it to a local shop i dealt with a lot through work, they put the converter in and that was the only time the car went out last year, it came home and i immediately tore it down and did the front end.

As it sits, in the barn, front fascia off, tranny cooler 95% done. Needs alignment and tune for the new converter which even without a tune feels like a massive improvement. I would like to get the cooler lines ran, and make new lines for the nitrous and mount the plate and then find somebody i trust to align and tune the thing. I'm positive it would be strong with the spray but damn i want boost. I really ought to add the plate though given i have the parts. I maybe need another $100 in misc parts to get it done nicely. But with the recent house purchase the car has to stay on the back burner until i finish my work updating some things on the home.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:34 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
The wiring has been good since the get go, everything has its own wiring panel is done quite nicely. Issue was pump stock pump maxed out, went back and found it was puddling, so i bought a plate and havent gotten that on yet, then did the converter but still havent retuned. Been doing nothing but working on the car the last few years and got burnt out pretty hard. I took it to a local shop i dealt with a lot through work, they put the converter in and that was the only time the car went out last year, it came home and i immediately tore it down and did the front end.

As it sits, in the barn, front fascia off, tranny cooler 95% done. Needs alignment and tune for the new converter which even without a tune feels like a massive improvement. I would like to get the cooler lines ran, and make new lines for the nitrous and mount the plate and then find somebody i trust to align and tune the thing. I'm positive it would be strong with the spray but damn i want boost. I really ought to add the plate though given i have the parts. I maybe need another $100 in misc parts to get it done nicely. But with the recent house purchase the car has to stay on the back burner until i finish my work updating some things on the home.

I hope you get it wrapped up. There's no doubt that car should run well into the 11s on nitrous. Even off the nitrous I don't see it running slower than 12.5. Congrats on the house, btw!
Old 01-24-2016, 12:42 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Speaking of New Years goals, I'm working on buying an 01 SS, 281/293 cam, Yank 3600, etc. Should be a fast car through the 1/4 if the deal works out. It'll need slicks and the tune checked out, but other than that it's ready to run.

Last edited by Stone629; 01-24-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:22 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Damn Stone just can't stay away from those LS1s can you, lol! I wish I cold find one. There's a guy here that has a 01 Z but he wants to much for it.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:58 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Soldier, it's hard to leave them alone. So much bang for the money. I'd rather hop in an 03-04 Cobra, but those things refuse to drop in value. I'd have to spend another $15k to pull it off, and wouldn't be any faster.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:19 AM
Explosive

I hope you get it wrapped up. There's no doubt that car should run well into the 11s on nitrous. Even off the nitrous I don't see it running slower than 12.5. Congrats on the house, btw!
Thanks, and yea I'm hoping to at least go mid 12's on motor, it blows the dr's off with the converter on the street so it sure feels like it has more *** at least lol. Kind of debating on taking my chances with an on3 kit next and getting new b bands and clamps for it. But with the home for at least this year i just want to get it tidied up and drive it again. I'm getting burnt out on working on it so i need to spend a couple seasons just using it.

Soldier, it's hard to leave them alone. So much bang for the money. I'd rather hop in an 03-04 Cobra, but those things refuse to drop in value. I'd have to spend another $15k to pull it off, and wouldn't be any faster.
I've thought long and hard about switching but theres just a few turns off on them for me i cant bring myself to do it.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:56 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

If you wanna go fast cheap. The LS cars are a solid choice.