Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

whats your best beat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 02:05 AM
freeunit
2nd Gear Member

Default whats your best beat?

ONLY ASKING FOR INPUT FROM 4.6 MUSTANG OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

just thought i would make a post about peoples best street races. So anywho mine was when a white WRX pulled next to me with his rims and music blaring and it was him and his friend and i had my girlfriend in the car so i was like alright cool cool. then he revved up hitting his BOV. i was like **** this guy wants to race. so we just cruised down town in traffic punching it when we had the chance but nothing to crazy. We finally got to a stoplight side by side then it was on, we where even for a sec then i pulled one car on him before we had to slow down. then he got in the turn lane and started hitting his BOV, that made me laugh but it felt great because my girl knows alot about cars and she was there so of coarse i felt like a badass.haha

But lets here your stories of your best beat if you have any.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:10 AM
JonBeast

Default RE: whats your best beat?

You really should post this in the Street/Strip Section
Old 12-19-2005, 02:22 AM
freeunit
2nd Gear Member

yeah i know but i wanted to know from 4.6's not all mustangs.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:28 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

well... so far ive beat a GS-T eclipses and thats one of the slower kills and i blew past him at around 90 real fast after i hooked up and got traction...

ive also ran 2 vette's so far. one a manual and one an auto. both C5's. the auto was a friends and it has a K&N and a ported Air box. the manual one had exhuast and maybe an intake?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:55 AM
Bad04OrngGT
2nd Gear Member

closest race i've had was againt a slightly modded 300zx tt, I had stock 3:27's at the time but we ran 4 times till about 90-100..and it was a drivers race he won twice and so did I..BUT when we got on the highway and did a roll from 60 we was bumper to bumper til about 125 then he just WALKEDme...i ended up letting off at 140 and he was goooonneeeee he said he was somewhere around 160 165..

Wins when i was stock..
98 gt..
03 tiburon..
unknown year..gst

loses stock..too many to list..lol
wrx sti, 99 cobra, many more

Wins modded..
97 cobra stock.. 2 cars
mach 1 mods slp exhaust..1 car
hung with a 98 corvette vert from 15 til about 75 80 then let off.. stock i would imagine
neck and neck with 97 t/a..not sure of mods but exhaust
gst and gsx both modded
350z stock
hemi..lol
2 srt-4's
300zx tt til 90
few mustang gt's coupes and covn. some slighty modded
eagle talon tsi
beefed up duramax deisel..barley..that thing was crazy
Older vette i mean like early 90's style
bunch of others not worth listing..

Loses modded..
Lots of vettes..
cts-v..moms car
wrx..nos
wrx sti modded
ws6 mods uknown prob none
camaro ss unknow modds
300zx tt
many more to come im sure..lol thats all i can think of right now.. had more im sure but its 1 in the morning here and im bored...[8D]
Old 12-19-2005, 03:27 AM
Bad04OrngGT
2nd Gear Member

sorry fella's that post was a little long and prob uncalled for but im pretty bored..
Old 12-19-2005, 03:36 AM
Gregs68
2nd Gear Member

haha. i enjoyed reading it, so its all good

this isnt a beat, but i thought it was ****ing hilarious. me and my buddy were cleaning out his garage so he could get his 66 in there. we were cold so we went to get karosene for his heater. on the way back from picking it up. a 80's camaro rs passed us in the right lane, then got in our lane. we came to the stop light. my friend has a 92 chevy silverado with a 4.3. its got a bad exhaust leak and glass packs. so it sounds pretty bad. anyways, my friend pulled next to this guy, and reved the hell out of his truck. the guy in the camaro wouldnt even look. LMFAO the light turned green, and my buddy punched it, spun like hell through 1st, hit second got a second gear scratch. I was rolling at this time. i couldnt belive this guy was not going to do anything. I know i wouldnt let some POS truck get away with that.

EDIT: BTW this was only a few hours ago
Old 12-19-2005, 04:22 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

My best beat was my friend in an 03 GT with a lot more mods.

I had a catback and short shifter at the time.

He had: UDP's, CAI, TB, Plenum, O/R X pipe, catback, Dyno tune, oh and 4.10's.

I beat him by 1.5 cars from a dig to 105; Then i stopped, once we get over 115, i walk him anyways cause he redlines in 4th gear.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:52 AM
lexy
3rd Gear Member

Guys, guys, listen to me... I beat a... honda civic once and that was soo kool!!! Naw j/k i wouldn't even race a kivic. Well i bet a dannon BMW near 300hp off the line he really sucked on the highway that was a different story. He has 3 people in the car and my vert just handled me and my girlfriend. We were going neck to neck on the highway. Anyways on the drag strip i beat a stock 02 coupe with either slicks or dr's on can't remember. Honda S2K's, even got my hands on a 350Z( don't know if the guy could drive but seemed like he knew what he was doing.)
Old 12-19-2005, 07:58 AM
lexy
3rd Gear Member

Actual Ricer story. I was downtown in ATL and about to pik my lady up when im sittin on a red light when a GST pulled up with loud annoying exhaust and a Hissy *** blow off valve. So I like the car so i told his it was pretty cool. I had my top down. Anyways the guy was like i'll spank you, and i told him he needs to wake up. He told me that my car is too heavy and he got a lot of mods. I replied blah blah blah!!! So the light turned green and he punches it. With four bangers i like to play around so i let him get ahead by like a car lenght and was catching up pretty quick. Next light he was laughing thinking he had some power. I told him that i'll quit playing this time the light turned green and i kept my rpms at 3000(best grip) I walked all over him by like 2 car length. Yeah he pulled up next to me and yelled yeah man its V8 and i told him"hey buddy didn't you say that mustangs are soo heavy and told him to get a real car." the end. No autographs please. hehe

Quick Reply: whats your best beat?