Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Mine Vs Accord

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 12:14 AM
VnCist00
2nd Gear Member

Default Mine Vs Accord

these are probably gonna be the stupidest questions ever, but then again i dont kno sh%* and this is what forums are for.
I have a Mustang GT completely stock but in 10 days il have a pro plus suspension kit from eibach for my 05. Theres a guy with an Honda accord, keeps talking **** and somehow knows he can beat me.. tsk tsk..
I had absolutely no doubts until i researched wut he "could have", he has a completely stock accord too, im not sure what type, but im pretty sure its the one thats packing a good 240hp, ive seen quotes and stats online that this car hits 0-60 in 6 seconds which gets me nervous, cuz losing to an accord..i would probably take a nailgun to the head. But does anybody think my stock vs his stock, that bet that i would win?, plus if i had the eibach springs, would it help my acceleration, on other forums i heard it would. I'm also thinking of throughing in a steeda tri-ax ss in to kick it up a notch?
-Dumb questions, but please help lol
-peace
Old 01-24-2006, 12:16 AM
VnCist00
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mine Vs Accord

Oh yeah, theres also a kid with a brand new stock RX-8, automatic. I'm gonna offer a challenge but i dont kno what to do, ive raced b4, all illegally and all ive won, and raped, but then again i wasnt really racing a great car.
sum1 tell me?
-peace
Old 01-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

If you have a stock 2005 GT, you will not only take his lunch, you will go to his house and make his mom make you dinner. No contest. And I don't think your springs will help at all, sorry (I'll probably be corrected though)
Old 01-24-2006, 12:50 AM
HaV
5th Gear Member

springs will not help you accelerate. It will help you corner a little better with a lower center of gravity.. but thats about it.

You should rape and pillage both of those vehicles. the rx-8's arent really that quick, especally from a dig.. and the accord should stand no chance at all if you can drive if you are both stock.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:15 AM

how will springs not help him accelerate better?

They can help him, but it depends on how it's setup. weight transfer helps on RWD cars, springs that allow weight more weight transfer help with traction.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:53 AM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

You will destroy both cars
Old 01-24-2006, 02:20 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

You won't have any problem beating either one of those car's.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:56 AM
Farfignuten

Yeah, a 2005 mustang gt should easily kill those cars. I easily killed that same year accord with my car when it was stock and he even had the jump.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:01 AM
Polonius

I'll simply add my tally to the "you'll rip them both a new one" pool. But hey, if either one of these guys seems so positive that his $hit is worlds hotter than yours, make a wager out of it, which will shut him up in any event and possibly line your wallet if he happens to be gullible or simply ignorant enough to take you up on it.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:23 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

you have a mid-high 13 second car vs a mid-high 14 second car.

Quick Reply: Mine Vs Accord