Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Had a first tonight..

Old 02-17-2006, 12:52 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Default Had a first tonight..

On my way home where I frequent 90% of the races I get into, I see a nice white SS Camaro with some aftermarket exhaust, so I buckle up and say "oh time for an a$$beating"... So I catch him and we go from 4th gear... and I was wowed... I jumped him by maybe a 1/2 second on my downshift, and while he flew by me once we hit 100, I actually stayed with him until then... we slow down and he said how surprised with em and asked what i had done... and i told him "just a couple things, nothing major"... so we went again but he was in the middle of his powerband in 2nd, and I was just cruising at around 3k in 3rd, so there was no shot in hell of me catching em... and we went again, this time i caught a about 4k-4500 on my tach... and again I stayed with him (bumper to his rear qtr panel) until we hit 100 then he just went bye bye... but this is the first time i've ever actually had a conversation (in person) with a Camaro/Trans-am driver that was actually complimented my car... and I was floored to see I stuck with him for a lil bit... Even a loss can put a smile on my face sometimes, haha... that was my fun for the night...
Old 02-17-2006, 01:00 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default RE: Had a first tonight..

Congrats, the LS1 has some nasty top-end.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:01 AM
Mustang9668
2nd Gear Member

If only all the people we raced were that cool.....we can always dream right?
Old 02-17-2006, 01:44 AM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Nice ahhhh...death I guess but it is always nice to meet people that arent d*cks w/ their cars.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:56 AM
Polonius

I know we're talking about guys who aren't dicks about their cars but reading this really reminded me of this guy (I don't know why) I went to high school with who drove an auto Celica GT (not GTS)with a shopping cart wing and a new muffler who would get to his car early each day after school so he could sit in the parking lot and rev menacingly at all the kids coming out the gym. he also liked to talk **** about his car, then he got beat by an early 90s Jeep GC....and then continued to talk ****. God that kid made me laugh.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:00 AM
JoeyD
3rd Gear Member

Good run I am surprised as well.

Yeah they are nasty top-end... and bottom too lol.
they are de-stroked a little bit from a 350...
...so top end is nice nice.

love them.

good run.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:30 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
2nd Gear Member

Sweeet...good run dude. Sounds like you have yourself a strong running GT.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:10 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Those Ls1's are just nuts on the top end. I dont know what it is about them. They must have some kind of V-tek!!!!!!lol.

Ive beaten an 00 SS at my 1/8 track 2 times in one night. (he beat me 2 times also, but thats not the point)lol.
Even when i beat him by launching alot better, he trapped WAAAAAAYYYYYYY higher than me. If it woulda been a 1/4 mile, he woulda smoked me badly.

They are wayyy out of our leage.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:04 AM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

Good run.
My car is definitely better in the 1/4 mile than the 1/8, it's probably because of my gearing, street tires, and stock torque converter.
And yeah, when I pass about 3000-3500 rpms it does kinda feel like V-TEC.[sm=smiley36.gif]
Old 02-17-2006, 11:41 AM
codyss

I raced some kids video taping from a 2002 GT in my Camaro SS last year. He had drag radials and a few bolt-on's with 3.73 gears.

The kid taping was so sure they would win. We went on his count and he jumped me by a car right away since I spun. The kid taping went ape**** and was cheering his pal on.

I will still never forget the look on his face when passed them like they were standing still around 70mph. You know that the last half of that race was accidentally taped over.

I have driven both and owned both my 2003 GT could stick with a LS1 stop light to stop light but that was all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Had a first tonight..