Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

umi peformance LCA's?

Old 04-12-2011, 09:50 PM
drock111

Default umi peformance LCA's?

Can you use UMI performanc LCA's if your car is not lowerd?http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=320
i have a 2011 5.0 with bad wheel hop. And does anyone know anything about that product. Also would that be a good choice if your car doesnt have to be lowerd for that or would it be better to just put a nice pair of steeda lca's on it?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:37 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by drock111
Can you use UMI performanc LCA's if your car is not lowerd?http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=320
i have a 2011 5.0 with bad wheel hop. And does anyone know anything about that product. Also would that be a good choice if your car doesnt have to be lowerd for that or would it be better to just put a nice pair of steeda lca's on it?
Yes that would be fine to use without lowering the car, the only difference is without the car being lowered you will not use relocation brackets.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I'm not lowered, yet, but are relocation brackets something I should look into?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:09 PM
John@TrackspecMotorsports
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by drock111
Using the UMI control arms/ relocation brackets combo is perfectly fine in your application. The brackets will actual aid in traction by repositioning the axle mount side of the control arms. By lowering the control arm mount, axle torque will start to work in your favor as opposed to against you. When you launch the car, the wheels go in one direction and the axle tries to go the other. The brackets will use this twist/torque to actually drive the axle downward instead of upwards into the car. And this will help traction tremendously.

As far as wheel hop goes, elimination of the mushy rubber bushings will aid the control of the rear and also reduce axle oscillations which causes wheel hop.

We offer free shipping on all UMI products, let us know how we can help!

S197 Mustang UMI Wheel Hop Kit

Give these a shot as it usually eliminates the issue for most. If its still there, do the upper control arm and mount and you should be good.

John@trackspecmotorsports.com

Last edited by John@TrackspecMotorsports; 04-21-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Alec
I'm not lowered, yet, but are relocation brackets something I should look into?
Alec,
What are your plans with the car?
Old 04-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by John@TrackspecMotorsports
Alec,
What are your plans with the car?
Well, for now I'm looking to get rid of the increased wheel hop with the 8.8 rear. I'd eventually like to lower the car with the Pro-kit and am unsure if the relocation brackets are necessary for that. I'm also unsure whether to go with the bushings or rod ends. I feel like if I'm gonna go with a set I might as well do it correctly the first time but at the same time I'm not building a track monster or anything. Just some occasional track runs
Old 04-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Alec
Well, for now I'm looking to get rid of the increased wheel hop with the 8.8 rear. I'd eventually like to lower the car with the Pro-kit and am unsure if the relocation brackets are necessary for that. I'm also unsure whether to go with the bushings or rod ends. I feel like if I'm gonna go with a set I might as well do it correctly the first time but at the same time I'm not building a track monster or anything. Just some occasional track runs
Alec,
A good compromise is the Poly/rod end combo. With the rod end/roto joint style mount at the axle end, the poly side will still absorb some roadnoise and harshness for daily driving yet still allow more articulation to reduce bind on the rod end side. We dont recommend the double ended poly bushed LCAs due to the bind that they cause during body roll. This bind causes very unstable handling when at the limit when all of that stored energy is released. On our roadrace fox we ran a panhard bar with polys to test bind theories and I can tell you first hand it is scary when the bushings want to unload.

You dont really need Adjustable lengths unless you are really go extreme on the lowering or raising of the car. Stock lengths are fine so no need for adjustables.

UMI LCA w/Roto Joints

UMI LCA w/Rod ends

Relocation Brackets

If you are interested we can put together a package for you with Free shipping.

Thanks!

www.trackspecmotorsports.com
Old 04-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Thanks, good info. I'll be in touch to do something.

Where in PA are you guys?
Old 04-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Easton Pa

Sounds great, let me know if you have any other questions or need anything else from us! Soon as we get our motor build complete and back in the Fox, maybe we should join each other on the track in Pocono or watkins glenn

John
Old 04-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by John@TrackspecMotorsports
Easton Pa

Sounds great, let me know if you have any other questions or need anything else from us! Soon as we get our motor build complete and back in the Fox, maybe we should join each other on the track in Pocono or watkins glenn

John
Nice to see a lot of PA guys on here. I'm in Fort Washington

I gotta let the "mod account" grow a little more, but those are next on my list.

I've been to Pocono probably about 10+ when I was really into Nascar when I was younger so it would be awesome to get out there now. Keep me posted

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: umi peformance LCA's?