Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

eibach sportlines for 99-04 v6??

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 03:45 PM
picky

Default eibach sportlines for 99-04 v6??

I do understand the v8s are heavier in the front but will the sport lines still give me the lowest possible drop(in the front) on a v6?

thanks.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Your car would not be quite as low as a V8 model, but Sportlines are indeed about the most aggressive drop out there for an aftermarket spring. This said, I happen to think that the drop is a bit too aggressive and can lead to some unwanted issues. Installing Sportlines on OEM shocks will give you a lousy handling/cornering ride, so you really should get some matched shocks/struts at the same time. If not, you can end up with a kidney-killer and sucks to drive

What are the ULTIMATE goals for your ride?

This question must be answered to mod ones car efficiently and end up with the car he/she ALWAYS wanted.

Jazzer
Old 09-20-2011, 08:48 PM
picky

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
Your car would not be quite as low as a V8 model, but Sportlines are indeed about the most aggressive drop out there for an aftermarket spring. This said, I happen to think that the drop is a bit too aggressive and can lead to some unwanted issues. Installing Sportlines on OEM shocks will give you a lousy handling/cornering ride, so you really should get some matched shocks/struts at the same time. If not, you can end up with a kidney-killer and sucks to drive

What are the ULTIMATE goals for your ride?

This question must be answered to mod ones car efficiently and end up with the car he/she ALWAYS wanted.

Jazzer

thanks. im looking for mostly style and a bit of performance, for shocks im probably going to get a konis or bilsteins. i know there are other brands out there but these are my only preferred.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Just be sure they are valved for the Sportlines to match them properly. I don't know the difference in weight between the GT and V6, but sure it will not be as low as the GT. I would expect it to not only be a bit less drop, but probably ride a bit rougher, as there is not as much weight to compress them.

Jazzer
Old 09-21-2011, 02:01 AM
picky

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
Just be sure they are valved for the Sportlines to match them properly. I don't know the difference in weight between the GT and V6, but sure it will not be as low as the GT. I would expect it to not only be a bit less drop, but probably ride a bit rougher, as there is not as much weight to compress them.

Jazzer

as long as its low enough to be between moderate drop and slammed ill be satisfied.

the ride quality i dont mind im used really good and bad suspension.

thanks.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:20 AM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

So basically long as it looks good you don't care how it rides?
Old 09-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I can say I was that way when I slammed my '85 GT. I dumped it to the weeds and just wanted it to look good. Wasn't until many years later, I figured out that a proper set-up not only rides/handles much better, but can be just as low. It just takes $$$ to modify the suspension in a few specific ways to address it. My Saleen bottoms out on a match book... lol

Jazzer
Old 09-21-2011, 01:35 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

On a V6 with Sportlines (or spring that drops as much as them), go with aftermarket fox body shocks/struts (I did Bilstein). It will greatly improve the handling b/c it will be matched better. I'd also suggest fox body A arms up front to correct the camber issues you'll be running into... otherwise you'll eat up a set of front tires once a month from negative camber. The fox A arms are slightly shorter, and will help pull the bottom of the wheel in a bit, correcting the massive amounts of neg camber from sitting so low. It will also help eliminate some of the stress you'll be putting on the front suspension.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:47 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Matt,

Talk to me about your experience with Bilsteins! I'm thinking about getting them for my '08. What can I expect... any great difference? Any other shock suggestions!
Old 09-22-2011, 02:56 AM
picky

Originally Posted by Franchi
So basically long as it looks good you don't care how it rides?
ive been alot of phases as far as car goes(mostly canyon racing but street racing is nothing like the track obviously) i just wanna keep things simple, kinda tired of my cars falling apart lol.(had a toyota and civic back then)

ive been in a car that had koni yellows on full stiff, rides like crap(compared to a benz atleast) and in cars with horrible horrible suspension set ups. so i dont mind ride quality.

Quick Reply: eibach sportlines for 99-04 v6??