Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

Coilover help

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 06:12 PM
BoomTown96
2nd Gear Member

Default Coilover help

Who sells the cheaper of the coilover kits. I plan on doing a coyote swap next spring/summer and im trying to save money wherever possible. Please someone help me find a coilover kit thats $1000 or less.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

What are the ULTIMATE goals for your ride?

You are gonna spend some serious money for a Coyote swap, I was considering one myself reciently, and you need to get shocks/struts that fit the needs of YOU when you are behind the wheel

Jazzer
Old 09-24-2011, 09:26 PM
BoomTown96
2nd Gear Member

Ya I've looked pretty deep into everything I need for the swap. I know it won't be cheap which is why I want to save money where I can without using poor quality parts. Right now as far as coilovers im looking at the Eibach pro kit for $1200. The car will primarily be a street/strip ride with maybe a few laps around the track. Its going to stay naturally aspirated and as far as internals probably just cams. After its built I'll just do bolt-ons here and there.
Right now im building the rear end, then will be brakes and suspension(done a little already) as I work on the interior little by little in between everything. Exterior will be after the motor is dropped in but I will be addressing every aspect of the car. Its not going to be all out drag I want it very streetable.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:39 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BoomTown96
Who sells the cheaper of the coilover kits. I plan on doing a coyote swap next spring/summer and im trying to save money wherever possible. Please someone help me find a coilover kit thats $1000 or less.
Our UPR coil over kits with Strange Engineering struts & shocks are a good buy, and they're more of a street/strip setup than road course. MF members get a discount on our web page too.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

The Coyote has variable valve timing and is what makes it special, as I understand it. Seems to me, you outta leave the cams alone... lol

You're best to decide what will be the primary goal and allow everything else to be what may. So, if you want to drive it on the street, you cannot be all-out 100% drag and be a streetable car. I suppose you can get some extra tires/wheels for christmas tree lane and disconnect/re-connect front sway bar and such. If you want to go around the open-track, you will not have a good time on the car I just described

The rule of thumb is that an all-out twisty beast can run the street, the corners and the quarters (wont be ideal on the 1/4, but will be fine with some DR's). An all-out 1/4 mile beast will be managable on the street, but horrible on the twisties.

So if you are gearing more toward the 1/4 mile, but very streetable, you don't need to do much at all, really. It is not my area of real interest, so others will have to chime in on a good set of CO's for you.

Jazzer

Good luck with swap and post up some pics of your build or PM me a link to them.