Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

reverse rake with Tokico sport kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 09:17 PM
wobgti

Default reverse rake with Tokico sport kit

hi,

installed a tokico sport kit last year in may. it's supposed to be a 1.25" drop, nothing too drastic cause its my fiancee's car. its a 01 GT convertible and I bought the kit to replace her stock shocks and lower it a bit at same time. she didnt wanted anything too expensive or too low and this was a good deal at the time. $410 shipped for the whole thing and I just couldnt pass it up.

now right even after I installed it I noticed that the rear is a tad bit lower. now its even more and it looks silly. would this be normal with this kit or did I overlook something?

now for second problem:
btw there is weird clunk in rear I cant locate and it was there way before I installed the suspension and I was suspecting it was the the shock mount but it wasnt that. it sounds like a broken strut bearing/mount type of clunk. you can hear it if you hit the bumps but more so if its during breaking, nothing there during hard acceleration. I was suspecting that the quad shock might be bad. can I install some aftermarket LCA's and remove that quad shock all together?

thanks for any of the help.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

You missed something

One of the important things to do on front springs, is properly align the bottom of the spring into the groover of the "A" arm. Is it possible you didn't do so, or possibly installed the fronts upside down? Just like cereal, some settling will occur, but your situation has gotten worse.

Jazzer
Old 01-11-2012, 07:49 AM
wobgti

im gonna have to look at it again as its driving me insane. First time doing a mustang. thaanks man
Old 01-31-2012, 06:09 PM
wobgti

I was doing the front brakes and looked at the springs while I was there. the part numbers on them are upright and everything seems to be where it should be. Im gonna get the spring isolators and while im doing those I will take some pics!

also found the culprit of my clunk in the back. passanger UCL was loose, bolt that ties it to body was not even hand tight. not sure how it got loose but thats what it was.

btw is there possibility that dealerships would be putting subframe connectors on new cars? this car seems to have them and I know for sure there was no mods done on it.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:02 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

The verts come with factory sfc's, but are bolt on and not full length. They are pretty much useless, I'm afraid

Jazzer