Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

Eibach Camber Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 08:42 PM
rocky321
2nd Gear Member

Default Eibach Camber Bolts

After adding lowering springs to my 08 GT, I have to much negative camber in the front end. How much in the positive do you guesstimate I should gain back with these camber bolts?
Old 04-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

They are good for about 1*, but would NOT use them! I think Ford makes a set and the only ones I would consider, but much better off to purchase a set of CC plates. This will be much stronger and allow more adjustment to camber and caster as well.

Jazzer
Old 04-28-2012, 12:31 PM
rocky321
2nd Gear Member

Wink Eibach Camber Bolts

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
They are good for about 1*, but would NOT use them! I think Ford makes a set and the only ones I would consider, but much better off to purchase a set of CC plates. This will be much stronger and allow more adjustment to camber and caster as well.

Jazzer
Limited funds right now. The Ford bolts are made by Moog, and are identical to the Eibach. Already installed. Going to get alignment tomorrow. I don't drive like you Jazzer
Old 04-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I hope not, because I don't even have struts
Old 04-29-2012, 10:41 AM
rocky321
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
I hope not, because I don't even have struts
lol
Old 05-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Miniata

I had a set of the Eibach camber bolts on my '08 GT for a year or two, and numerous autocross events. They didn't slip, just removed them when I changed out my struts and shocks last week. I wouldn't use them for a permanent solution, but for a cheap and easy way to adjust camber they've worked for me. I've used camber bolts on my last two Mustangs and several other cars in the past as well.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:35 PM
astentine
2nd Gear Member

+1 to the above (minus the autocross). Used them for a while, great way to fix slight camber problems.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:52 PM
Frustration
2nd Gear Member

If you're not crossing, why not use em longer term, just fixing a degree or so for street tire wear...?

In the year or two Miniata, did yours need correction?
Old 05-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Frustration
If you're not crossing, why not use em longer term, just fixing a degree or so for street tire wear...?
There is somewhat greater risk in using fasteners that aren't of equal strength to the OE (plain) Ford strut to knuckle fasteners, and the suspension is a poor place to be cutting corners because of cost.

The Ford bolts are comparable to the OE bolts as measured by the installation torque required/permitted, and I think there's maybe one aftermarket product that allows installation at least to Ford's 148 ft-lb coarse-thread spec. Note that Ford went to fine-thread bolts and a 166 ft-lb torque spec for the S197 somewhere after mid-model year 2008.

Norm
Old 05-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Miniata

Mine didn't slip when I had them on my '01 Bullitt or my current '08 GT, but most of the time when I was autocrossing I wasn't on R-comps. Most of the problems I've heard of them slipping have been with people autocrossing them with true race tires, like Hoosiers. On the smaller, lighter cars I've used them on in the past, they didn't slip even with race tires.

I suppose they'd probably be ok long term on a car that was never driven hard, for street use only, but It would probably be a good idea to check your alignment at least once a year to make sure everything was still ok. Since camber plates for our cars are so readily available, and not terribly expensive, I still think that is probably a better long-term solution.

Quick Reply: Eibach Camber Bolts